We are a non-profit subsidiary of Germany’s top business membership organisations as well as of GIZ. In the field of international development cooperation we implement programmes and projects funded both by public and private clients. Jointly with partners we have successfully implemented more than 1,000 projects in more than 100 countries during the past 28 years.
To fill a vacancy of a project-based assignment we are searching a qualified
Teamleader / Project Representative (m/f/d)
Project’s office Iran/Tehran (currently under foundation)
01.05.2019 - 28.02.2022
Iranian-German vocational qualification project for Afghan refugees
The Iranian-German qualification project for Afghan refugees in Iran will be implemented by sequa with German government’s funds. The objective of the Project is to enhance the professional and economic competences of Afghan refugees as well as their chances for a successful return and reintegration into Afghan society.
The Project provides vocational training, market-oriented advisory services as well as capacity building measures for participating Iranian organisations. sequa will make use of its network in Germany and will involve German chambers and business associations in order to provide solid technical VET expertise to the Project.
The main partner of the Project in Iran is the Bureau for Aliens and Foreign Immigrant Affairs (BAFIA). Key stakeholders of the Project are the Technical and Vocational Training Organisation (TVTO) and the Instructor Training Centre (ITC), and others. Networking partners will be selected international organisations in Iran.
Your Tasks / Responsibilities
- You are the Project’s representative in Iran and the Project’s Teamleader;
- You act as the first point of contact and main communicator for the Project;
- You recruit Project staff jointly with sequa’s headquarter in Germany;
- You prepare work plans, budget plans and implementation schedules of the Project jointly with support from sequa’s headquarters in Germany and from selected German network partners;
- You are responsible for the allocation of tasks to the team members, the efficiency and success of the Project’s implementation, setting up of a monitoring system, monitoring of all commercial processes, and for establishing a reporting and documentation system;
- You coordinate the drafting and closing of Project related agreements and the application of permits with the relevant authorities, institutions and organisations and you ensure the compliance of all Project’s activities with Iranian legal rules and regulations.
Your Qualification / Skills
- University degree in one of the fields of business management, public administration, education / pedagogics, human resources management or similar;
- You are team-oriented and have strong diplomatic skills and the ability to build positive relationships in a multi-cultural, complex environment;
- You have a very disciplined working style, solid organisational skills, and high frustration tolerance;
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, a good command of German is a prerequisite.
- Full computer literacy goes without saying;
- You are prepared for frequent travelling in Iran and from Iran to Germany (from time to time).
Your Working Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of working experience in either international business or international development cooperation;
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in either human resources management or technical vocational education and training;
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience as teamleader of a Project;
- Working experience in a capacity development project is an asset;
- Working experience in the craftsmen sector is an asset.
Please send us your application by no later than April 7th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information w.r.t. the vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Please send us your cover letter, your CV in the EuropeAid format as requested by the European Commission, relevant resumes, and your salary expectations. The CV template can be downloaded from our website. Subject to comparable qualification handicapped persons will be preferred.