Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Programmes (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until 31 December 2020. Employment location will be Harare, Zimbabwe.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Head of Programmes supports the development of the multiannual country programme, contributes to its implementation and ensures consideration of feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies in respective projects. You will identify, examine and assess new project ideas on the basis of the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) global strategy and the relevant concept papers according to WHH quality standards. The Head of Programmes represents WHH in the country in agreement with the Country Director.
- Support Country Director in the development of the country programme and annual planning as well as ensuring the impact
- Define intervention areas with support of Heads of Projects / Area Managers
- Provide support / organise field assessments and evaluations for proposal development
- Identify co-financing opportunities and negotiate with donors in agreement with the Country Director and Head Office
- Ensure compliance with Welthungerhilfe's quality standards and that reporting occurs correctly and in due time
- Monitor the evaluation of possible crises through early warning indicators
- Support the preparation of a preparedness and contingency plan as well as the elaboration of a DRR-Plan
- Write proposals and reports for donor submissions
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-á-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organisations and participate in coordination committees with other relevant organisations
- A postgraduate qualification in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension, Agri-business or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in a similar position within an INGO
- Sound experience in project management and coordination of complex field activities, including staff management
- Experience of working closely with multiple stakeholders
- Broad experience in overseeing and motivating a consortium of diverse NGOs to achieve a broad range of project objectives
- Strong report-writing skills and familiarity with co-ordinating with other projects commonly funded under a wider donor strategy
- Experience in overseeing organisational development and capacity building within an international NGO
- Prior exposure to successfully introducing innovative ways of working, digitalisation and new business models
- Fluency in English
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by March 27, 2019.