Fair global trade everyone can believe in
FLOCERT is a leading global certification body. Besides providing sole certification to Fairtrade, FLOCERT also offers an array of services to support companies in sourcing on Fairtrade principles, where no Fairtrade Standard applies.
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT remains mission-driven and dedicated to working with all types of organisations, from small producers to internationally recognised brands, in order to promote fairness in global trade. Our accreditation as a “Social Enterprise” demonstrates our commitment to social business values.
With six international offices conducting business in over 120 countries, FLOCERT specialises in offering global reach with local expertise. For more information, visit us at www.flocert.net
FLOCERT is currently looking for an
Assurance Scheme Officer (m/f/div)
Parental leave cover
- Job Share: full-time (38,5 hrs. p.w.)
- Position is based in the FLOCERT GmbH Office in Bonn, Germany
- The salary and benefit package depends upon qualifications and experience
- Start date: or as soon as possible
The Assurance Scheme Management Unit designs, maintains and improves the assurance schemes for the services operated by FLOCERT.
As Assurance Scheme Officer you will coordinate and administrate FLOCERT assurance schemes in close collaboration with the Assurance Scheme Manager and respective Scheme Owners. Furthermore, you will manage constant improvement and innovation of the assurance schemes operated by FLOCERT.
The ability to conceptualize, come up with new ideas while taking a pragmatic approach to situations is required. The attention to detail, willingness to collaborate and team spirit are essential assets on this position.
You will have the opportunity to gain deep insight into the area of sustainability, development and certification in a unique environment.
- Manage implementation and required updates of the assurance schemes
- Identify weaknesses of the assurance schemes and initiate corresponding improvements.
- Manage system documentation and relevant tools of the assurance schemes.
- Manage projects
- Collaborate with relevant units of FLOCERT and the Scheme Owners, amongst other with
Software Application Management related to technical implementation of changes
Competence Management related to training contents, competence and specialization of staff and auditors.
Communications related to stakeholder communication
Research & Development related to the development and implementation of new services
Fairtrade International related to Standard interpretation, exceptions, implementation of changes
- University level education (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Food Science, Business,
- Agronomy, Law, Economics, sociology etc.)
- At least 5 years of related professional work experience in a customer, office or stakeholder environment
- Professional work experience in assurance or with other certification systems (e.g. organic, FSC, MSC, SA8000, ISO 14001) and in particular with ISO 17065 accreditation
- Proven project management skills
- Fluent in English oral and written
- Flexible, pro-active and committed work style
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience in dealing with different cultures
- Strong dedication towards customer service
- Motivation for Fairtrade and sustainability
“Nice to have”
- 3+ years in Fairtrade Certification
- Language skills in German, French, Portuguese or Spanish
- Prior experience with national or international NGOs
How to apply
Do visit our website: https://www.flocert.net/about-flocert/careers/
Please click on this link and submit your application documents in English, with curriculum vitae, reference letters or reference contact data as well as a motivation letter with salary indication.
Please do kindly note that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.