Cluster Coordinator (m/f/d) ASEAN-German Energy Programme
Führungskraft - BefristetTätigkeitsbereich
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) expands political, economic and socio-cultural cooperation in ASEAN and promote regional integration. With a population of around 640 million, ASEAN forms an economic region that collectively achieved a gross domestic product of 2.76 billion US dollars in 2017. In this dynamic environment, giz and regional cooperation partners on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, the German Foreign Office and the European Union work in priority areas of environment, climate and economic integration in ASEAN. Within the ASEAN Cluster currently nine projects are implemented working on climate change/land use, peatland, renewable energy/energy efficiency, agricultural-value chains and Small and medium-sized enterprises, consumer protection, strengthening the ASEAN Secretariat and the Interparliamentary Assembly. The projects advise commission parties and regional organizations and strengthen cooperation by supporting political dialogue as well as practical capacity building.Ihre Aufgaben
- Representation of GIZ in Indonesia to regional and German partners and the actors of the German international cooperation
- Ensuring an impact-oriented external presentation and implementation of the corporate strategy in the cluster
- Responsibility for portfolio development and ensuring the coherence of German contributions
- Responsibility for all cross-project strategic, and organizational topics, for coherence and quality assurance within the cluster
- Overall responsibility for projects and personnel responsibility for principal advisors and portfolio manager
- Overall responsibility for the ASEAN-German Energy Program (AGEP) and thus the overall responsibility for the achievement of the objectives and the personnel as well as budget responsibility through efficient use of budget resources to achieve the objectives and indicators of the project
- Personnel responsibility for national staff of the AGEP project
- Member of the management team and continuous advice to the Country Director
- Postgraduate degree in political sciences, international development, economics or another related field and several years of professional experience abroad
- Comprehensive and long-standing leadership experience
- Profound knowledge and experience with complex cooperation systems and in politically sensitive contexts, as well as in advising political and strategic decision-makers and institutions, ideally in the ASEAN region
- Management and consulting experience in international development cooperation projects
- Proven expertise in renewable energy / energy efficiency
- High level of flexibility and commitment as well as efficient self-management and time management
- Proficient in English, German would be an advantage
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
Medical services according to international standards are available in Jakarta. For specific cases requiring medical treatment, facilities of highest international standards are available in Singapore and Bangkok. Indonesia features a tropical climate with a yearly rainy season of approx. 4 months. International schools are available.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
The willingness for regular and international business travels is assumed.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=41758