The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a
Project manager (m/f/d) Migration Management, Primary Health Care
German Red Cross and Spanish Red Cross, together with their local partners, the Colombian, Ecuadorian and Peruvian Red Cross provide humanitarian assistance to the Venezuelan migrant population as well as to their host communities. Along the migratory route from Colombia (Villa del Rosario, Pamplona, Bucaramanga, Rumichaca), Ecuador (Rumichaca and/ or San Miguel, Quito, Santo Domingo, Guayaquil, Huaquillas) to Peru (Piura, Chiclayo, Trujillo), assistance is provided to people on the move, to those who intend to stay and to their respective host communities.
The activities focus on primary health, psychosocial support, WASH and restoring family links by facilitating communication between people on the move and their family members at home. The main focus is on health which includes the deployment of fixed and mobile care facilities located at border crossing points and centres of attention to the migrants.
The GRC project manager is based in Lima and accountable to and under the guidance of the GRC office in Colombia. The project manager will be responsible for the oversight and management of the project activities in Peru and will have to coordinate closely with partner Red Cross societies as well as implementing partners in Ecuador and Colombia. The project manager’s tasks include reporting, budget management and quality control. The position requires frequent field trips, including remote areas.
Duration: 9 months
Location: Chiclayo, with travels to other areas of Northern Peru and Lima
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical guidance to ensure the achievement of project objectives and delivery of project outputs in close consultation with national stakeholders and partners in Peru;
- Monitor and ensure project progress, specifically aimed at increasing effectiveness. Strategic planning on all technical matters concerning the project, and maintain project oversight throughout the lifecycle by developing and implementing work plans;
- Supervise and provide guidance and assistance to technical staff and volunteers of the Peruvian Red Cross;
- Regular financial and narrative reporting to GRC Headquarters in Berlin in accordance with donor/partner requirements and internal GRC regulation.
- General office management and assumption of additional responsibilities related to GRC work in Peru if required
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of assistance to displaced people;
- Good understanding of key primary health interventions in the humanitarian sector;
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods;
- Good knowledge and experience in applying PM&E approaches as well as data management tools;
- Experience in implementing and managing donor funded projects;
- Experience in cooperating with local organisations and partners;
- Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles and willingness to adhere to them;
- Readiness to work in remote areas;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner;
- Very good written and oral Spanish and English; knowledge of German would be a strong asset;
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Valid Driving Licence.
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 29th of January, 2019.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019-001 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage https://www.drk.de/en/be-involved/international-vacancies/