GPM coffee coordinator
Global Products, Programs and Policy (GPPP)
Director of GPPP
Fairtrade is an alternative approach to conventional trade and is based on a partnership between producers and consumers. Fairtrade offers producers a better deal and improved terms of trade. This allows them the opportunity to improve their lives and plan for their future. Fairtrade offers consumers a powerful way to reduce poverty through their everyday shopping.
Fairtrade International is the international non-profit, multi stakeholder body that is responsible for the strategic direction of Fairtrade, sets Fairtrade standards and supports producers.
PRINCIPAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the definition and implementation of the global category plan.
- Evaluate, quantify and communicate the level of progress of the global category plan across the wider Fairtrade system.
- Coordinate meetings and webinars with Fairtrade internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate the participation at trade fairs and other industry relevant fora.
- Analyze relevant statistics on industry and markets (Fairtrade and non-Fairtrade).
- Coordinate the setting up and maintain the online platform for sharing information and learnings across the Fairtrade system.
- Contribute to the development and distribution of B2B communication materials for product category.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of customer relationship management tools for main accounts.
- Analyze data used for the creation of bespoke supply chain communication for main accounts.
- Analyze data for the creation of case studies of best practice in the Fairtrade system related to programmatic and partnership approaches.
- Contribute to the work on relevant projects/programs at Fairtrade International (standards and pricing revisions, thematic areas, MEL).
- Monitor, analyze and contribute to reports of supply chain risks.
Level of education
- Undergraduate Degree in Agriculture/Environmental Science/Business management/Economics/Development, Masters/Post Graduate qualification highly desirable
Knowledge / Job Specific Competencies (E= Essential; D=Desirable):
- 1year of professional experience in the agribusiness sector (E)
- Specific product knowledge and experience of coffee industry (E);
- Experience working in or with Fairtrade coffee supply chains or with related standards, certification or development programs (D);
- Experience in working in cross-functional teams and groups (E);
- Competent in MS Office (Excel/PPT/Word) (E)
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills (E);
- Track record of meeting deadlines; (E);
- Proven experience of project management (D)
- Experience within Fairtrade system is an asset (D)
- Ability to work in teams and independently (E);
- Self-starter/highly motivated (able to work without close supervision) (E);
- Desire to work in a multicultural environment (E).
- Enjoy working with numbers, spreadsheets (E);
- Shows strong empathy with aims and ways of working in Fairtrade (collaborative/empowering)
- Fluency in English and Spanish (E), French will be a plus (D)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- This is a full-time position.
- This is a temporary position for one year initially.
- Location is Bonn, Germany
- The office language is English
- Salary Group V as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Wholesale and Foreign Trade Industries for North Rhine Westphalia and Fairtrade International Company
- Agreement on wages and salaries.
- Starting date as soon as possible
- 30 days of holidays per full year of employment.
- Please consult www.fairtrade.net for more information on Fairtrade International and the Fairtrade system
- Please apply by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing “GPPP coffee coordinator” in the subject line
- Deadline for applications is 31st January 2019