15 April 2019
Vacancy closing date:
6 February 2019
3 years (with opportunity for extension)
Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Country Director Iraq
Since 2014 ZOA has been working among the most vulnerable people affected by the different conflicts in Iraq. ZOA can legally assist people across the entire country, being registered with both the Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) and the Federal Government of Iraq (GoI). ZOA works in hard-to-reach areas targeting internally displaced persons (IDPs), Syrian refugees, non-displaced people, as well as returnees. ZOA was among the first responders during the retaking of Mosul in 2017, providing relief through WASH, shelter, cash, and food security interventions. Seeing the overwhelming psycho-social needs, ZOA opened Safe Spaces for women and children in Mosul soon after, providing structured psychosocial support and informal education. ZOA actively seeks conflict sensitive programming, including people from both majority and minority groups (the latter including Shabak, Kakai, Turkmen and Christians). From July 2017 ZOA Iraq operates through three programmes areas, in Mosul (including Tel Afar), Hamdaniya and Anbar.
ZOA works alongside local partners. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme.
Throughout its recovery and resilience programmes in Iraq, ZOA considers a family-oriented approach. Enabling families flourish in the aftermath of conflict means:
- Creating a protective environment in which children can develop (through psycho-social support and work with the schools/ education system);
- Creating opportunities for income generation for men, women, and youth, through rural and urban livelihoods interventions, and skilling;
- Contributing to social cohesion in communities and neighbourhoods, through peacebuilding projects.
In relief programming, which is still relevant mainly for those who remain displaced, as well as those willing to return or recently returned without safe and dignified houses, ZOA will provide shelter assistance.
The Country Director is responsible for the programmes and activities of ZOA in Iraq within the framework of ZOA’s Policy- and Business Plan and agreed Country Annual Plan.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- The Country Director is the legal representative of ZOA in Iraq;
- Overall Leadership and Management of the ZOA organisation in Iraq;
- Formulation and implementation of the Country Annual Plan;
- Programme formulation, development, implementation, and supervision;
- Project Cycle Management, including formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, proposal writing, fundraising, monitoring, and reporting;
- Overall responsible for the financial position;
- Human Resource Management for all staff;
- Maintaining relationships with all relevant actors in the country;
- Supervision and control of the administrative and financial organisation;
- Participate in organisation wide programme and knowledge development;
- Security planning & management responsibilities.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- University graduate;
- At least five years of cross cultural experience;
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting;
- Good spoken and written command of English, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Vision and strategic thinking;
- Decision making ability;
- Command of operations and finance;
- Conceptual and writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Organisational sensitivity;
- Participative leadership;
- Staff development.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
- Frequent field visits/work and travels are required;
- This location is a non-family duty station.
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Wil Omlo, HR Director, email email@example.com
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/country-director-iraq/
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.