International Team Leader “Start-up Promotion” Albania
„Improving the innovative ecosystem and boost start-up creation in Albania“
The project is part of the GIZ “Sustainable Economic and Regional Development, Employment Promotion and Vocational Education and Training” (ProSEED) Programme. The overall objective is (self-)employment promotion with focus on young people.
The component is designed in three work packages in order to achieve the output: the start-up ecosystem (for innovative start-ups) is strengthened.
- National innovation ecosystem: Basic set-up by further professionalising existing networks, eventually adding others or expanding the present ones;
- Integration into the regional innovation ecosystem: Integration of innovative ITC companies and networks into the regional innovation ecosystem by paying special attention to the Albanian Diaspora in Europe and their respective know-how and expertise;
- European Connect: Facilitation of access to international networks of innovation support organisations and start-up support institutions.
Tasks of the team leader
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level
- Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners in the following areas: national innovation ecosystem development under consideration of the triple-helix approach, integration at the regional level, building linkages to and networks with European innovation ecosystems (focus on Germany and Sweden)
- Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality)
- Project Management
- Ensuring results monitoring is conducted
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
- Support updating/adapting the project strategy, evaluations and preparing a follow-on phase
Qualifications of the team leader
- Education/training: University qualification (German ‘Diplom’ or international Master) in Innovation Management, Business, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, International Relations or equivalent
- Language: Fluent in English. Good business language skills in German
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in network building, strategy consulting, innovation management
- Specific professional experience: 3 years in an innovation ecosystem, facilitation and moderation of diverse groups, development of digital solutions, fostering innovation and ideation, implementation of networking activities, building open spaces/ dialogues using the triple-helix model
- Leadership/management experience: 3 years of management/leadership, experience as project team leader or manager in a company
- Regional experience: 5 years of work experience in European member states, of which 3 years in projects in Germany
- Development Cooperation experience: 1 year work experience in DC projects
Duration and Location:
Overall duration 28 months (01.05.2019 – 31.08.2021) full-time employment with app. 16 months (app. 2-3 weeks per month) in Albania and frequent travel within Europe.