Duty Station: Hamburg
Job Code: FSD-DEU19GFA/SME
Duration: 2-year contract with the option to become permanent
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In the area of Financial Systems Development (FSD) we focus on consultancy services related to banking, SME lending, agricultural & rural finance and financing of green finance projects.For more information on GFA, please refer to our website www.gfa-group.de.
Our Junior Professional Programme is a 2-year programme designed to enable university graduates with interest and first experience in development cooperation to develop their skills and experience needed to work as professional consultants in this field. We are currently looking for a candidate to support our FSD department.
The Junior Professional will support our on-going projects as well as actively contribute to the acquisition of new contracts. Fully integrated in the FSD team, you will work under guidance of a senior consultant and with increasing responsibility in project management functions, technical concept development and strategic business development.
Duty station will be Hamburg, Germany, with frequent travel abroad.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Further development of the FSD department’s portfolio with a particular focus on the field of small business lending / SME finance.
- Working on the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in close cooperation with the responsible consultant
- Technical review of studies and reports
- Establishing and maintaining professional contacts as well as networking with clients, partners and sector experts
- Participating in feasibility and project preparatory studies as well as in short-term consultancy missions
- Increasing responsibility in project management
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, business administration, finance or related fields)
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to small business and agri-finance, banking, private sector or rural development
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite, working knowledge of German is an asset
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (French, Portuguese, Spanish and/or Russian)
- First experience with the German (GIZ, KfW) or European development sector (such as EBRD, Europeaid, EIB) and a basic understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad
- Intercultural competence
- The opportunity to focus on your field of expertise;
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- Measures to achieve a good work-life-balance, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, flexible working hours;
- Public transport reimbursement programme;
- A company-wide sustainability concept;
- Mentorship programme for Junior Professionals;
- The opportunity for employees to commit themselves in social projects.
Curious to get to know GFA?
Please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms. Andrea Leber
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (+49) 40 603 06 - 127