Duty Station: Hamburg
Job Code: PFM-DEU18GFA0013/6
Duration: 2-year contract with the option for permanent employment
Deadline for application: January 17, 2019
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies in the field of international development cooperation. Our core business is to provide consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been implementing projects in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded its scope of work, which currently covers ten strategic business areas. In the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, we focus on consultancy services related to monitoring and evaluation, in particular complex-strategic evaluations, advice on M&E methodologies and other long-term M&E assignments.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile
Consultant (m/f/d) to join our Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.
The monitoring and evaluation consultant will be responsible for strategic business development, acquisition and project management in the field of monitoring and evaluation with a particular focus on results-oriented monitoring, complex-strategic evaluations, impact evaluations as well as advice on M&E methodologies.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with occasional travel to other European and developing countries. Key responsibilities will include:
- Fully responsible management of projects and evaluations (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Coordinating the acquisition process of new M&E projects and studies, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and external experts;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in studies and evaluations (occasional depending on existing opportunities and on approval of the respective contracting authorities);
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA on conferences and in seminars.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area such as economics, social sciences, political sciences, development studies; a post-graduate degree or training related to monitoring and/or evaluation would be an asset;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation in the context of development cooperation, including experience in the application of social science research methods; preferably related to complex-strategic evaluations and impact evaluations;
- Professional experience in consulting services as project manager is an asset;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English; preferably German language skills; French would be a strong asset;
- Familiarity with the German and/or European development sector (such as e.g. EuropeAid) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies, programmes and evaluations systems of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications; experience in the use of statistical software (SPSS, R and/or STATA) would be an advantage;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
The contract will be a 2-year term contract with the option for permanent employment. Starting date is as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email until 17.01.2019 to:
Ms. Karen Reschenberg
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 040 603 06 - 122