Project Manager for Capacity Development and Organisational Development (m/f) in Odesa, Ukraine
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our dedicated team in Ukraine starting on 01 March 2019
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Currently, forumZFD in Ukraine operates through its offices in Kyiv and Odesa and works with Ukrainian partners in the fields of civil conflict transformation and peace building.
Your tasks and responsibilities
You will be part of a new programme that has been recently developed and will be implemented in cooperation with partner organisations and local actors in Odesa and the region.
As Project Manager you will contribute to the implementation and further development of forumZFD programme in Ukraine, especially within the area of Capacity Building and Organisational Development. Under the overall supervision of the Programme Director, you will be working closely with a national Project Officer to support partner organisations, operating within different communities across Odesa region, through field work and technical advice.
Your main tasks will include designing tools, methods and activities in the area of Capacity Building and Organisational Development, designing and delivering training, Coaching Partners, and Networking. You will support the planning and implementation of project activities in the area of Conflict Transformation, which is at the center of forumZFD’s programmatic focus in Ukraine. This will also include project documentation and presentation, internal knowledge-management processes and PM&E on project and programme levels.
Specific tasks include:
- Design and conduct tailored capacity development-related activities for forumZFD Ukraine partners in the field of systemic conflict transformation and organizational development.
- Maintain and strengthen existing partnership networks and support their joint actions, including the development of new partnerships.
- Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate capacity is embedded in identified areas of forumZFD Ukraine’s programme. Contribute to maintaining the existing relationships with partners and identify new partners as programme needs demand.
- Develop materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring and coaching of partners, peer learning and other methodologies.
- Ensure integration and coherence of organizational capacity development with other components of forumZFD Ukraine programme and the overall organisation.
- Provide advice and direction to forumZFD partners in the process of creating alliances and networks, aimed at responding to conflicts in a coordinated way.
- 5 years of proven professional experience in Capacity Building and Organisational Development;
- A degree in social sciences, peace and conflict studies, or other relevant discipline;
- Experience in designing creative tools and methods based on needs of partner organisations and developing and implementing tailored training and other capacity building instruments;
- Experience in working with local communities and civil society actors and in supporting networks of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), initiatives and activists in a conflict context;
- Experience in independent planning, initiation and implementation of co-operation projects with local partners;
- Project management experience, coupled with some knowledge of PME methods and processes;
- Experience of working on peace and/or conflict transformation related issues. Knowledge of Systemic Conflict Analysis and Systemic Conflict Transformation methodologies would be an asset.
- Strong social competence, team player able to integrate quickly into daily project routine; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Physical and psychological stability and strong intercultural sensitivity to work in a diverse team and live in a complex local context;
- Sound IT skills;
- Fluent English both spoken and written is a must. Knowledge of Russian and/or Ukrainian would be welcome but not obligatory.
- Driving license and experience;
- EU or Swiss citizenship is required for this position.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years in a growing organization. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
Working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 01 March 2019 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/de/job/project-manager-capacity-development-and-organisational-development-mf-odesa-ukraine (letter of motivation and CV) latest by 06 January 2019.
An assessment center as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled on 22-24 January 2019. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Leandra Müller at lmueller@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!