Terms of Reference
Trainer Monitoring Workshop
The Heinrich Böll Foundation Turkey Representation (hbs), which has been active in Turkey since 1994, is an independent political think tank, affiliated with the German Green Party. While it is part of the worldwide family of the "Green Movement", it is an independent actor. The hbs Istanbul is the Turkish representation of the foundation headquartered in Berlin, with offices in 33 countries around the world. The foundation receives most of its funding from the German Federal Government.
Since its foundation, the hbs in Turkey has been establishing political dialogue between Turkey, Germany and the European Union. Its goal is to support efforts from democratic actors for the protection of human and minority rights, the ecology, sustainable development, and global as well as local security policies.
Being based in Istanbul, for more than 20 years the hbs supports civil society initiatives that stick to the above mentioned principles and strive for democratic governance free from any discrimination based on the rule of law, gender equality and the rights of all people. The working areas of the Heinrich Böll Foundation Turkey Representation are:
- Democracy, human rights and the peaceful resolution of violent conflict.
- Foreign and security policy
2. Description of the Assignment
The hbs is seeking to run a two-day practical monitoring workshop for its own project coordinators and those from its partner organisations. The aim is to acquaint participants with monitoring methodologies and tools .
3. Profile of the Expert
- Fluent in written and spoken English and/or ability to hold the training in Turkish would be a definite plus.
- Experienced in designing and holding trainings.
- Experience with M&E methodology and tools and their practical implementation (preferably in a civil society and democratisation context.).
- Willingness to familiarize him-/herself with the planning and evaluation methodology of the hbs and to adopt own tools and material to it.
- An understanding of the German Political Foundations and how they operate would be a definitive plus.
4. Location and Duration
Istanbul, two day workshop plus two days preparation time, workshop date would be set between December 2018 and March 2019, the exact date will be agreed upon together.
A simple photo documentation send to hbs and the participants at the end of the workshop will be sufficient.
6. Administrative Information
Offers should include a CV detailing relevant experience, a brief cover letter/e-mail introducing yourself and a proposed budget (daily rate & travel costs, please indicate, if you have to pay KDV or other taxes in Turkey or VAT in another country, hbs will book a hotel and flight for the expert, if needed). Offer should be send to: email@example.com