Development Worker (m/f/d) as Advisor on Water Management, Chris Hani District Municipality
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.Your tasks
- Provision of advice on aligning the water services branch organisational structure to the mandate of the branch and the core function of delivering water to all customers in the Chris Hani District Municipality
- Provide support on the review and updating of job descriptions for key posts
- Support the review and make recommendations on how the current management team can implement a cohesive, integrated approach to planning, management and operations and maintenance thereby improving the delivery of water
- Support targeted improvement areas by working closely with the management team
- Design and support the implementation of a reporting, communication and feedback framework for purposes of monitoring water service delivery in the six local municipalities
- Design of a workflow process to improve reporting and communication between the water services function, the budget function, revenue function, planning function and customer services function
- Diploma on water management or related qualification
- A management background within the water services sector with experience in administration and human resource management
- An understanding on the planning of water service delivery would be an additional advantage
- Experience in reorganising systems and processes within a similar organisation or related to a particular service delivery function
- Understanding of performance reporting and monitoring processes
- Ability to coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Fluency in English and a valid driver's licence
- Culturally astute, especially in a rural setting
Chris Hani District Municipality is the water services authority and water services provider to six municipalities in the Eastern Cape. Currently the District is having difficulties to attract and retain skills, specifically in the area of water management and planning. This is negatively impacting on the delivery of water.The development worker will support Chris Hani District Municipality in developing a strategic approach for water management and planning in the District.
- Place of residence: Komani, formerly known as Queenstown, is a town in the middle of the Eastern Cape Province
- Climate: In Summer, hot and rainy (up to 40°C), Winter is cold with snow in the surrounding mountains (1°C)
- Healthcare: There is a private and public hospital and 3 clinics; there are at least 60 general practitioners
- Supply and shopping facilities: There are 2 malls and many retail shops and supermarkets, clothing, electronics, banks, postal, etc.
- Accessibility: Easy accessibility - walking range to shops, restaurants, etc.; East London 200km - good roads
- School situation and school fees: There are 10 schools of which 2 are excellent and offer boarding and are private; http://www.qtghs.co.za/, reimbursement of school fees according to GIZ-rules
- Others: Population around 75000 inhabitants, central place for trading
- Pollution: At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=39459