Solidar Suisse is a Swiss International NGO founded in 1936 and member of the European Solidar network. We support and implement projects in the fields of Decent Work, Governance, and Humanitarian Aid in 14 countries worldwide.
We look for an experienced
Short term Livelihoods Consultant
for the Rohingya Crisis in South Bangladesh
Solidar Suisse is in the process of establishing a humanitarian programme aiming at supporting Rohingya refugees and vulnerable host communities in South Bangladesh to improve their livelihoods and socio-economic resilience. To assist us in the scoping and planning phase, we search for a consultant with experience in livelihoods programs in the local context of South Bangladesh, and, ideally, other displacement settings.
Responsibilities and key tasks
- Support Solidar Suisse in mapping qualified local partner organisations with a track record in livelihoods/ resilience programming in South Bangladesh and comprehensive understanding of the ongoing refugee crisis.
- Support Solidar Suisse in the process of partner selection by assessing the shortlisted organization’s technical and operational capacity
- Based on existing assessments and exchange with other agencies develop and propose potential intervention strategies in the fields of livelihoods and socio-economic resilience.
- Assist in operational planning & the writing of high quality project proposals for institutional donors.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant practical field experience in the following areas: livelihoods programming, employment promotion, skills trainings, income generating activities, cash transfer programming
- Experience in developing strategies for programs in transition from humanitarian to long-term development would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the context in South Bangladesh and the Rohingya crisis response
- Experience working with displaced populations and or in protracted crisis settings
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Strong communication, reporting and negotiation skills; proficiency in written English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Duration and starting date
We look for a candidate who is able to start latest in October 2018. Duration of the assignment is approx. 30 days.
If you are interested in this assignment and meet the requirements, please send your application
including detailed CV, and contact details of 3 referees by e-mail with Subject “Livelihoods Consultant Bangladesh” before 22nd Sept, 2018 to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.