Job Code: ESE-DEU18GFA0047/5
Duration: 2-year contract with the option to be extended
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work, which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In our ESE Department we focus on consultancy services related to Education, TVET and Employment Measures.
We are currently looking for an open-minded Junior Professional (m/f) to join our team working on TVET and Employment initiatives, who will contribute towards achieving the company’s objectives.
As a Junior Professional you will work under guidance of a senior consultant with increasing responsibility in the areas of project management, acquisition and strategic business development. We are looking for an enthusiastic and optimistic colleague, who will support our on-going projects as well as actively assist in the acquisition of new contracts. Duty station will be Hamburg, Germany, with frequent overseas travel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working on the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in close cooperation with the responsible consultant;
- Identification, selection of and negotiation with experts
- Supporting administrative processes in the project implementation
- Technical review of studies and reports;
- Writing/compiling of prequalification documents;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts as well as networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Participating in feasibility and project preparatory studies as well as in short-term consultancy missions;
- Increasing responsibility in project management;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a field related to vocational education and training, economics or social sciences
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the above mentioned fields
- Past work experience in developing countries / in development cooperation will be considered an asset
- Proven ability to work in intercultural teams, and willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English. Russian will be a further advantage
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills
- A stress resistant team player with service orientation, curiosity, flexibility, and a sense of pragmatism
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms.Ursula von den Driesch
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 - 124