Job Vacancy: Head of Civil Society Support Programme
Starting date: January 2019
Duration: Fixed term contract* of 5 years, with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Belgrade, Serbia
Background and purpose of the position
Solidar Suisse established office in Belgrade in 2005 and has implemented many projects promoting worker’s rights, social dialogue or youth employability. The Solidar Suisse approach supports the active involvement of civil society in political processes. Citizens and their collective organisations receive the necessary support to be able to actively and autonomously play their role in society.
Solidar Suisse in Serbia currently is applying for a programme aiming to contribute to an active civil society for the benefits of all people. It targets increased citizens’ engagement in decision-making particularly at the local level. For this reason we are looking for additional key staff in Serbia.
Primary responsibilities of the Head of Civil Society Support Programme
- Lead the process of strategic planning by elaborating feasible programming strategies and the respective programme document
- Overall programme management, including financial and administrative management, results-oriented implementation, coordination and communication
- Assess institutional capacity building needs of Serbian CSOs, elaborate and implement a strategy to respond to identified needs of the local CSOs.
- Design a result and impact oriented monitoring system and reporting and implement it
- Monitor relevant changes and developments in the context and suggest and manage programme adaptions where necessary
- Prepare annual operation plans as well as reports for the programme
- Ensure that project reports, templates, monitoring systems, logistic and financial requirements fulfil Solidar Suisse and donor standards
- In coordination with the project’s steering committee, review overall project workplan(s) and budgets for field activities associated to donor requirements
- Lead the local project team
- Ensure close cooperation and foster synergies with other relevant stakeholder/ programmes /projects
- Excellent command of English. Knowledge of Serbian language is an asset
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Relevant qualifications and broad experience in working with civil society support programmes in different regions
- Know-how of the context in Western Balkans and specifically Serbia
- Confirmed experience in programme management and leading teams
- Know-how of civil society capacity development and in the management of multi-stakeholder processes
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of public, private sector and civil society partners
- Competencies and experience in project cycle management with focus on outcome monitoring / result based project management
- Demonstrated competencies in participative and gender-sensitive approaches
- Solid track record in the financial and administrative management of development programmes
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send your application
including motivation letter and detailed CV, by e-mail with Subject “Head of Civil Society Support Programme Serbia” before 27th September, 2018 to email@example.com. For job related questions please contact Cyrill Rogger, Desk Officer Serbia: Cyrill.Rogger@solidar.ch
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.