The Centre for Training and Networking in Nonviolent Action – KURVE Wustrow was founded in 1980 with the aim of turning concerns about violent conflict, environmental degradation and social injustice into conscious nonviolent action.
KURVE Wustrow conducts trainings, workshops and events in the field of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation at home and abroad. We send young volunteers as part of the “weltwärts”-programme as well as International Peace Workers as part of the “Civil Peace Service” (CPS) to selected crisis regions. For this purpose, KURVE Wustrow is closely cooperating with partner organisations in the Balkans, in the Middle East and in South and Southeast Asia. Further focal points of our work include our commitment to climate and resource protection and against nuclear energy.
For our CPS-program „Dealing with the Past and Peace Education in the Western Balkans“ together with our partner organisation Action for Nonviolence and Peacebuilding (ANP) we are looking for an
International Peace Worker in Gjilan/Kosovo
Action for Nonviolence and Peacebuilding (ANP) is a civil society organisation established in 2002 in Gjilan/Gjilane with the vision and ambition to contribute to sustainable peace in Kosovo and in the region. ANP as peace grass-roots organisation has implemented various projects in the fields of peacebuilding, peace education, dealing with the past and public policies. By promoting tolerance, peace and reconciliation through non-formal peace education and peacebuilding programs, ANP is focusing on the development of a culture of nonviolence and respecting and accepting the differences between diverse communities, aiming to make them change makers for peace and progress in the future.
Field of work:
As an integrated International Peace Worker you will support ANP in fostering the reconciliation process amongst those affected by the war, as well as supporting a public dialogue about dealing with the past by means of publications, exhibitions, etc.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring of and reporting on the CPS project together with the Local Peace Workers
- Supporting the ANP-team in preparing and implementing trainings/workshops, as well as developing training material for local actors on civil, nonviolent conflict transformation and dealing with the past.
- Supporting ANP in organising events and presentations, public relations and advocacy activities
- Integrating into the partner organisation’s team and, if required, contributing to processes regarding program and organisational development, while adjusting to the partner organization’s working conditions.
- Budget planning and monitoring, ensuring a proper and adequate application of funds, regular communication with the CPS regional coordinator and KURVE Wustrow in Germany
- Developing ongoing conflict and security analysis related to the CPS work in cooperation with the regional coordinator and willingness to cooperation with other CPS workers in the Western Balkans
- Where necessary, contributing to public relation and networking activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany
- University or similar degree in peace and conflict studies, political science, international relations, pedagogy or another relevant field
- Advanced training in the field of peacebuilding and civil conflict transformation (e.g. as a trainer for conflict transformation or mediator); experience in the field of reconciliation and dealing with the past is a strong asset
- Work experience within NGOs, preferably in international context or intercultural teams
- Sound knowledge in the field of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation, as well as experience with social movements
- Relevant working experience in project management (incl. administration of funds)
- Knowledge on project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in Web design, Content-Management-Systems (CMS), Social Media and public relations
- Willingness to frequent work-related travels
Very good team player with intercultural competences and communication skills, analytical and strategic thinking, ability for self-reflection, sense of responsibility, high flexibility and motivation
- Contextual knowledge about and working experience in Kosovo or other parts of former Yugoslavia is an asset
- Fluency in English and motivation to learn Albanian and/or Serbian; German language skills would be an asset.
We offer a contract according to the German law for development aid workers (only for EU-citizens plus Switzerland) until December 31st, 2021. The contract, including a preparation period in Germany, would start presumably on 15th of January 2019.
For your application (in English) please use our ONLINE-application form by using the following code Kosovo_FFK_ANP until October 7th, 2018.
The job interview will take place in Wustrow (Wendland, Lower Saxony, Germany) on October 23rd, 2018.
KURVE Wustrow – Centre for Training and Networking in Nonviolent Action
Kirchstr. 14, D-29462 Wustrow, www.kurvewustrow.org