Officer for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Western Balkans Programme
in Belgrade, Serbia
We are looking for a PM&E Officer to join our programme in the Western Balkans starting in Autumn 2018.
Who we are
We support people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strive to help overcome war and violence. We are currently working with peace consultants in eleven countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Our Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, we actively advocate civil peace policy. Our organisation is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. We finance our work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organisation. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at our Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Officer for PM&E in the Western Balkans programme you will be working in the Regional Office to support the Regional Manager, the Regional Management Team including the Desk Officer of the Western Balkans, as well as programme colleagues working in Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo and Bosnia and Herzegovina, to apply and further develop our local PM&E system.
This includes working with the PM&E Advisor in the Head Office in Cologne as the interlink between the local PM&E framework and the PM&E structure of forumZFD in general. These mechanisms are intended to support the work of the overall regional programme with its thematic areas and projects including data collection and knowledge management.
Your main tasks include:
- Supporting the further development and implementation of our PM&E standards in close cooperation with the PM&E Advisor in our HO and the Regional Manager, the Programme
- Managers in the four countries as well as the Desk Officer of the Western Balkans Programme;
- Supporting the programme teams in the implementation of our PM&E, e.g. facilitating and documenting annual planning processes, further developing the monitoring system on programme- and project level;
- Implementing monitoring processes at programme- and project level, ensure regular data collection and reflection on it;
- Supporting the Programme and Project Managers in writing reports (content, wording and formulation), and filing the respective documentation;
- Supporting the introduction of our PM&E standards to programme staff;
- Regular participation in calls and meetings of our PM&E team;
- Supporting the development of a knowledge management system for the programme.
And other tasks as agreed with the Regional Manager.
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Profound knowledge in working with systemic approaches to PM&E in the area of peacebuilding and conflict transformation preferably with systemic conflict analysis, Reflecting on Peace Practice (RPP) and Outcome Mapping;
- Profound knowledge in collecting and documenting monitoring data;
- Long-term experience in supporting planning and evaluation processes;
- Long-term experience in facilitating workshops;
- Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a team and under time pressure;
- Work experience in and with NGOs;
- Distinct ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to support the development of projects to consider PM&E requirements of various donors;
- Very good written and spoken command of English;
- Competent in the use of IT applications,EU citizenship is required for this position.
Start of assignment
As soon as possible.
Please apply online at www.forumZFD.de/en/job/PME-officer-serbia latest by 17 September 2018.
We are planning to fill this position as soon as possible. Therefore, first interviews might already take place before the end of the application deadline.
In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Kristen Schubert at firstname.lastname@example.org or Daniela Körppen at koerppen@forumZFD.de.
Further information about our organisation is available online at www.forumZFD.de. You may also find more information on our work in the Western Balkans at www.forumZFD.de/en/western-balkans.
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!