Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Agriculture and Rural Development Expert (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until August 31, 2019. Employment location will be Bujumbura, Burundi.
This project is part of a vast European Commisison funded programme (TUBEHO-NEZA) that aims at enhancing the resilience of the most vulnerables populations in Burundi. The project will focus on food security, nutrition, and social cohesion. Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is the lead a consortium of 3 International NGOs that includes Concern Worldwide-CWW and International Rescue Committee -IRC. As such, WHH is responsible for the implementation of the planned measures. The Expert will be responsible for the technical implementation of the Food Security and Rural Development planned measures.
- Develop methodological tools for the implementation of the "Food Security" component of the TUBEHO-NEZA project
- Develop a strategy and a technical and financial plan for the implementation of the activities planned under the "Food Security" component in coordination with the project's implementing partners (International Rescue Committe-IRC and Concern Worldwide-CW)
- Ensure that the partners (IRC and CW) implement the activities according to the strategy and methodological tools planned for the project
- Provide technical advice to IRC and CW partners on the Food Security component and propose sustainable technical solutions to problems related to this component
- Organise technical visit to the partner implementation sites (3 provinces to be covered) on a monthly basis and participate in all M/E visits organised by the donor or governmental structures
- Ensure the development and implementation of technical training plans in coordination with experts from the other components of the project
- Represent the consortium in technical meetings at the level of all 5 consortia implementing the TUBEHONEZA programme
- A university degree in agriculture, rural development or a related subject; master degree preferred
- Minimum five years of professional experience in multi-actor project management with two years experience in a similar position in a developing country
- Knowledge of Europeaid regulations and priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage competing urgent requests and priorities
- Work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Excellent French written and verbal communications skills and high-level English skills are mandatory
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 24, 2018.