Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project (m/f)
in Lomami, Maniema
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until September 30, 2019. Employment location will be Lomami, Maniema, DR Congo.
As Head of Project, you are responsible for a KfW financed project which is to improve the livelihoods of the local population in and around the National Park and to reinforce their acceptance of the conservation and bio-diversity. The aim of the position is to manage and ensure implementation of the project on the basis of specified terms of content, schedule and budget.
- Carry out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe's standards for the implementation of the project
- Modify and continue project planning and project budget
- Carry out project purchases according to the approved procurement procedures
- Responsibility for the security of project staff for the implementation of the security plan
- Prepare the status reports according to Welthungerhilfe's standards or rules of the donor(s) and provide monthly updates and activity summary
- Supervise the implementation of the project plan and responsibility for the organization and coordination of technical support
- Provide leadership to the project team(s) in line with Welthungerhilfe values, corporate culture and leadership principles
- Ensure participation at relevant cluster meetings (food security, logistics)
- Support the Head of Programme in the preparation and supervision of visits and in the representation of Welthungerhilfe in the region as per delegation
- A university or polytechnical degree preferably in the area of Natural Resource Management (NRM), and/or Environmental Engineering
- More than 5 years overseas professional experience, preferably in the context of Central Africa whereof three years in project management
- Excellent comprehension of technical and service delivery aspects of agriculture, Natural Resource Management (NRM), bio-diversity conservation, and collaboration with civil society in a development context
- Excellent communication skills, including diplomacy in interaction with authorities
- Passion for environmental and bio-diversity conservation
- Willing to work in a remote area
- Fluency in English and French (oral and writing); Communication skills in German are welcome though not compulsory
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 24, 2018.