Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Consortium Project Coodinator (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until August 31, 2019. There are good prospecty for an extension. Employment location will be Bujumbura, Burundi.
The project is part of a vast European Commisison funded programme (TUBEHO-NEZA) that aims at enhancing the resilience of the most vulnerables populations in Burundi. The project will focus on food security, nutrition, and social cohesion. Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is the lead a consortium of 3 International NGOs that includes Concern Worldwide-CWW and International Rescue Committee -IRC. As such, WHH is responsible for the implementation of the planned measures. The focus of this position is to represent and position the consortium vis-à-vis external stakeholders and facilitate coordination and communication between the consortium partners.
- Represent and communicate with donors and government authorities
- Where relevant, develop the consortium's donor portfolio by seeking funding opportunities
- Attend government, UN, NGO and donor meetings and present the consortium's ongoing activities, effectively managing coordination with these actors
- Ensure the visibility of the consortium among humanitarian, donor and government actors throughout the project
- Ensure the continuum with public relation activities, including formal presentations, media commitments on success stories, updates on specific projects and regional fact sheets, and that publications are fed to increase the visibility of the consortium in the media
- Lead the development and dissemination of position papers, statements, reports on consortium commitments and humanitarian advocacy
- Ensure that the project is implemented on time and professionally, in line with objectives and indicators, with donor requirements and based on beneficiaries' needs
- Ensure high quality documentation of project activities and ensure that project results are achieved
- Convene and chair regular meetings (e.g. monthly, quarterly) of the consortium steering committee to discuss the programme and financial issues
- Ensure that donor procedures and rules are understood and respected by all parties, sharing information and organising training where necessary on proposed systems and procedures for consortium management
- Ensure that the external reporting of all consortium members is in line with the Donor's and WHH's requirements and that the validated deadlines are respected by all
- With the Country Finance Manager, manage and negotiate any changes to the budget in agreement with the donor and WHH standards.
- A university degree in international affairs or related subject; masters degree preferred
- Minimum five years of professional experience in multi-actor project management with two years experience in a similar position in a developing country
- Sound knowledge of Europaid regulations and priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage competing urgent requests and priorities
- Work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Both excellent French written and verbal communications skills and high-level English skills are mandatory
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 24, 2018.