Job location: Yangon, Myanmar
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 21 August 2018
Duration position: 3 years
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
In Myanmar ZOA is registered as Consortium of Dutch NGOs (CDN). CDN-ZOA works with disaster and conflict affected people to improve their livelihoods and food security, their sanitation and hygiene situation and their access to clean water. CDN-ZOA also promotes peaceful solution for conflicts and supports the people to be prepared for disasters.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager of Operations Myanmar
CDN (Consortium of Dutch NGO's) is an International NGO with an MoU signed with Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation in Myanmar and part of ZOA, an international Dutch NGO. CDN has been active in Myanmar since 2004, when cyclone Nargis left a devastated trail of destruction and many people got displaced. CDN has four offices in Myanmar, implement projects in Rakhine, Bago and Kayin State and we have approximately 60 staff working for us. Our interventions are in Livelihoods & Food Security and WASH.
Your challenge (purpose of the position)
This is an exciting opportunity to lead an expanding team responsible for dynamic and efficient management and control of all supportive processes in the country organisation. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
The MoO contributes to the strategic enhancement of Financial, HR, Logistics and IT processes and management. The MoO has a key role on the Country Management Team and is often asked to deputise for the Country Director position. The MoO has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Contribute to the Country Annual Plan (CAP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Development of monthly and quarterly and annual financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level;
- Oversee the preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Prepare and process the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets;
- Advise and support the Country Director and Program Managers in the development of budgets of funding proposals;
- Manage financial audits and respond to audit reports.
- Translating ZOA’s worldwide HR policies and procedures into the local cultural setting and the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Advise and support the Country Director and Program Managers in the development of HR components of funding proposals;
- Supervise staff recruitment and contracting processes (including for external consultants);
- Supervision of annual and mid-year staff evaluations;
- Ensures Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements;
- Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Ensures Terms & Conditions of supplier contracts with local legal requirements and ZOA policies.
- Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Manage availability, continuity and security of appropriate IR facilities;
- Implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Monitoring and evaluation of logistical policies and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Maintain Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensure compliance;
- Monitoring of and support to program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
The performance of those assignments, rights and authorities should always be carried out within the boundaries of the Country Annual Plan of the country organisation, the project plans as approved by the donors and the country’s quality management system as approved by the Country Director.
In his performance and as a member of the Country Management Team, the MoO balances the interests of his department, the country organisation as a whole and of all stakeholders involved.
The MoO supervises and periodically appraises the performance of staff reporting to the MoO.
The MoO is authorised within the limits of the Country Management Charter Finance, HR, IT, and logistical paragraph of the agreed Annual Country Policy Plan.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor degree in financial management, auditing and/or HR;
- ZOA’s finance practices;
- Command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management;
- Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting, preferably in Asia.
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Alerts the CD and Finance Director at ZOA Netherlands when financial problems, issues, risks arise including fraud;
- Flexible conduct;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Good communicator.
- Up to 25% travel is required.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Nienke Maris, HR Officer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.