Terms of References
Facilitation of the Program Exchange Workshop of the Department for Programs/Projects at forumZFD
ForumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. We are currently working with peace consultants in Germany, as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Our Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, we actively advocate civil peace policy. ForumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. Our work is financed through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
Rationale of the assignment:
ForumZFD is currently working in 10 countries worldwide through the Civil Peace Service. Twice a year program staff from Head Office in Cologne, Germany and Regional and Program Managers from the country programs meet at the Program Exchange Workshop to discuss and work on management, leadership and strategical issues for the program department of forum ZFD.
A preparation group with members of Head Office and country programs has the lead in preparing the selected topics and define the objectives of the different sessions.
The next Program Exchange will be held in Davao, Philippines from 29.10.2018 – 02.11.2018. The workshop will be attended by approx. 15 persons. For this Program Exchange we are looking for a facilitator who will facilitate and document the workshop.
Following tasks has to be fulfilled under this assignment:
- Preparation of Program Exchange Workshop according to set topics and in consultation with the preparation group
- Facilitation/ Moderation of the workshop
- Documentation of the workshop
Consultant/ Facilitator (freelance).
Time frame of the assignment:
Working assignment for 2018:
- August/ September 2018: introduction and preparation meeting for presentation and discussion of topics, definition of objectives and to define the road map for the preparation of the program exchange. The meeting will most probably be held in Cologne.
- 29. October 2018 – 02.November 2018: 5 days’ workshop in Davao, Philippines, plus travel days
The continuation of the assignment in 2019 will be discussed by the end of the year by forumZFD and the consultant/trainer.
Team affiliation or other affiliations:
The consultant/ facilitator is generally supervised, affiliated to and guided by the Board Member for Programs and Qualification at the forumZFD Head Office in Cologne, Germany.
Profile and eligibility criteria of the consultant/facilitator:
- Several years of experience facilitating and moderating diverse and intercultural workshops and conferences
- Several years’ work experience within the NGO-sector
- Several years of work experience in an inter-cultural setting
Submission of proposals:
The proposal should include:
- A cover letter explaining motivation and working approach(es)
- Remuneration expectation
All qualified consultants are invited to submit an offer or expression of interest (in English) to conduct this consultancy for forumZFD. Please include a cover letter explaining your motivation, working approach(es) and why you are most suitable for this work, your CV, a detailed methodology, your remuneration expectation and information on your availability.
For further information, you may contact Ms. Hannah Landwehr (landwehr@forumZFD.de). We look forward to receiving your expression of interest by 30 July 2018. Please send your application with subject line “Leadership Coaching – last name, first name” to the following e-mail: application@forumZFD.de
English information about our programmes is provided at forumZFD.org