Project Manager (m/f)
in Prishtina (Kosovo)
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 01 September 2018 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Project Manager, you will contribute to the Western Balkans Program of forumZFD as part of the country office team in Kosovo and forumZFD’s regional structure through projects in the areas of peace education and Dealing with the Past (DwP). Responsibilities will include assuring the implementation and financial stability of the projects and activities related to this position.
Specific tasks of this position include:
- Develop and implement projects in cooperation with local and regional actors of civil society in the field of peace education that are also linked to the regional program goals (e.g. strengthening critical thinking and civic education, promoting non-segregation, and countering divisive ethnocentric practices and teachings)
- Establish and maintain contacts to relevant actors working on issues in the field of education (teachers, teachers’ associations, school administrations and the Ministry of Education, Research and Technology, academic researchers, students, activists of civil society organizations, etc.) and provide advice to these contacts on questions related to peace education;
- Participate in the further development of the regional program on issues related to peace education;
- Manage projects and activities through applying forumZFD standards for planning, monitoring, and evaluation and financial management;
- Other tasks as agreed with the Program Manager of the Kosovo office.
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the area of developing school curricula frameworks and teaching materials;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with civil society actors in the area of formal and/or non-formal peace education (i.e. school mediation, strengthening critical thinking, civic education, promoting non-segregation, countering divisive ethnocentric practices and teachings in education);
- Proven advisory skills in the work with individuals, teams, civil-society initiatives and/or organisations (experience in working with public institutions would be advantageous);
- Further qualification for Civil Peace Service or comparable knowledge of methods for civil and non-violent conflict management and work on issues surrounding DwP;
- Proven deep understanding of the social, political, and historical contexts in Kosovo and the Western Balkan region;
- Experience in overseeing complex processes of project management (project implementation, personnel responsibility/guidance, and finance controlling);
- Strong analytical abilities requiring skills of reflection, as well as strategic and conceptual thinking;
- A high level of social competence in a complex living and working environment, including strong intercultural sensitivity and the ability to work in various teams and under time pressure;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English (office language); knowledge of Albanian and/or Serbian would be an asset;
- Competent in the use of IT office applications and social media;
- Driving licence and driving experience;
- Citizenship of an EU-member country or Switzerland.
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (Forum Civil Peace Service, forumZFD)
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
As a Project Manager working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative and inspiring field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding in the Western Balkans.
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) with the subject line „Project Manager Kosovo – last name, first name”) to application@forumZFD.de latest by 08 August 2018.
Interviews are planned to be scheduled as part of an assessment centre on 22-24 August 2018. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Kristen Schubert at Schubert@forumZFD.de
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de
Our work in the Western Balkans is documented at www.westernbalkans.forumzfd.org or www.forumZFD.de/westernbalkans
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings in English and German can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!