Project Manager (m/f)
in Skopje (Macedonia)
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1 September 2018 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Project Manager, you will contribute to the Western Balkans Program of forumZFD as part of the country office team in Macedonia and forumZFD’s regional structure through projects in the areas of Dealing with the Past (DwP)/Transitional Justice (TJ), education for peace, rule of law and democratic culture and civic identity. Responsibilities will include assuring the implementation and financial stability of the projects and activities related to this position.
Specific tasks of this position include:
- Creatively develop and implement projects in Macedonia and the region in the fields of DwP/TJ, education for peace, rule of law, democratic culture and/or civic identity in accordance with the regional program strategy of forumZFD; the implementation of activities will happen in close cooperation with local and regional partners, as well as colleagues of forumZFD Macedonia and within forumZFD’s regional structure;
- Establish and maintain contacts and partnerships with local organizations, partners and stakeholders;
- Manage projects and activities related to the position (including planning, monitoring, steering, and finance controlling);
- Contribute to annual project planning and budget allocation;
- Report to Macedonia Program Manager.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant discipline such as social sciences, humanities, or other suitable fields;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with civil society actors in at least 2 of these areas: Dealing with the Past, education for peace, rule of law and democratic culture, civic identity, peacebuilding and conflict transformation;
- Proven skills in at least 2 of these areas: networking and establishing platforms, developing advocacy and lobbying strategies, developing educational policies, implementing non-formal youth education, and advising individuals, civil-society initiatives and/or organisations, (experience in working with public institutions would be advantageous);
- Further qualification for Civil Peace Service or comparable knowledge of methods for civil and non-violent conflict management and work on issues surrounding DwP would be advantageous;
- Experience in overseeing complex processes of project management (project implementation, personnel responsibility/guidance, and finance controlling);
- Strong analytical abilities requiring skills of reflection, as well as strategic and conceptual thinking;
- A high level of social competence in a complex living and working environment, including strong intercultural sensitivity and the ability to work in various teams and under time pressure;
- Excellent written and spoken command of English (office language); proficiency in Macedonian and/or Albanian would be an asset;
- Proven deep understanding of the social, political, and historical contexts in Macedonia and the Western Balkan region;
- Competent in the use of IT office applications and social media;
- Driving licence and willingness to drive;
- Citizenship of an EU-member country or Switzerland.
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (Forum Civil Peace Service, forumZFD)
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
As a Project Manager working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative and inspiring field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding in the Western Balkans.
Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) with the subject line „Project Manager FK MKD – last name, first name” to application@forumZFD.de latest by 08 August 2018 23:59 MESZ.
Interviews are planned to be scheduled as part of an assessment centre on 21-24 August 2018. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Kristen Schubert at Schubert@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de
Our work in the Western Balkans is documented at www.westernbalkans.forumzfd.org or www. forumZFD.de/westernbalkans
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings in English and German can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!