Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project / Somaliland (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible with a contract duration of 2 years. Employment location will be Hargeisa, Somaliland.
The aim of the position is to manage and ensure implementation of the project on the basis of specified terms of content, schedule and budget. The project is to be carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives / provisions of the co-financer.
The Head of Project is responsible for the operative implementation of the project and the appropriate use of funds. He/she is responsible for coordination, planning and implementation, correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe Project Coordination Office in Somaliland.
- Carry out the project according to the co-financing agreement and Welthungerhilfe´s standards for the implementation of the project
- Responsibility for modifying and continuing project planning and project budget
- Responsibility for correctly and duly completing end-of-month account
- Responsibiliy for project purchases according to the approved procurement procedures
- Responsibility for financial report (final report)
- Responsibility for bringing project to an orderly conclusion
- Responsibility for the security of project staff for the implementation of the security plan
- Prepare the status reports according to Welthungerhilfe´s standards or rules of the donor(s)
- Supervise the implementation of the project plan and responsibility for the organisation and coordination of technical support
- Provide leadership to the project team(s) in line with Welthungerhilfe values, corporate culture and leadership principles
- Ensure participation at relevant cluster meetings (food security, WASH, logistics)
- Provision of monthly updates and activity summary
- Support the Somaliland Head of Programme in the preparation and supervision of visits
- Support the Somaliland Head of Programme in the representation of Welthungerhilfe in Somaliland as per delegation
- Technical college degree, Masters, preferably in the area of Civil Engineering / Water Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- 5 years overseas professional experience, preferably in the context of East Africa
- 2 years experience as Head of Project / project management
- Excellent comprehension of technical and service delivery aspects of WASH in a development context
- Fluency in English (oral and writing). Communication skills in German are welcome though not compulsory
- Excellent communication skills in speech and listening
- Diplomacy in the communication ranging from village elders to Ministers of the national Government
- Cultural and religious sensitivity, specifically in a Muslim context
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 29, 2018. Your contact person is Rosemarie Rampp.