Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Finance (m/f) in Cox's Bazar
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until June 30, 2019. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh (BD).
The objective of the position is to implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
- Monitoring and ensuring the proper planning of financial and material resources
- Assisting the Head of Mission with carrying out his/her supervisory duties relating to programme administration
- Providing administrative and technical financial support to the Heads of Projects and partner organisations in drawing up the financial section of final financial reports in accordance with the appropriate guidelines
- Ensure compliance with Welthungerhilfe financial guidelines and donor requirements on part of the INGO consortia partners
- Provide comprehensive consultation to the national partner on all aspects related to financial and administrative management and donor compliance
- Continually assess the capacity of the national partner(s) in terms of financial and administrative management and ensure capacity building is delivered to meet any gaps identified
- Work with Programmes, Logistics and other staff to ensure an effective compliance environment
- Occasional travel to project locations in order to ensure effective financial oversight by Heads of Project
- Supervision and performance appraisal of directly managed staff
- Supports the financial inputs during new programs/budget preparation/design
- Recognised accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, etc.), or equivalent combination of relevant education and professional experience
- Experience of financial management in Humanitarian/Development contexts – preferably in the region
- Familiarity with AA financed projects is a plus
- Experience with cash transfer programming / cash distributions is desirable
- Experience of working with national NGOs and/or INGO consortia is an asset
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness to work in a high pressure humanitarian emergency setting
- Fluency in the English language (verbal and written communication)
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 22, 2018.