Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Mission (m/f) in Cox's Bazar
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until January 31, 2020. Employment location will be Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh (BD).
The objective is to coordinate the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Rohingya emergency response, liaise with the WHH Humanitarian Directorate and other relevant headquarter units, while ensuring that WHH is recognized as a competent partner by participating in relevant humanitarian and development policy dialogues on local/regional level.
- Management of the WHH Rohingya response and act as lead of the international team
- Development of new projects to fit the current strategy
- Management of the allocation of assigned WHH funds as well as funds by the German Federal Foreign Office (AA)
- Establishment of good working relationships with government, donors and other stakeholders in-country / regional for emergency response
- Report to the Humanitarian and Regional Directorates on the prgess of the country programme and all risks associated with project work
- Observation and analyses of and reports on relevant trends in the programme country and the neighboring areas
- Significant coordination of the administrative requirements of operating in the current context (host government approval processes, visas, etc.)
- Representation of WHH in relevant contexts
- A university or technical degree in the fields of emergency aid, food security and livelihoods, WASH, or a comparable specialized qualification suitable to the position
- At least 5 years experience in emergency coordination, coupled with team management and a focus on staff welfare
- Previous security management responsibility
- Experience of working in cooperation with national partner organizations
- Familiarity with AA financed projects and previous experience in Bangladesh are a plus
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness to work in a high pressure humanitarian emergency setting
- Fluency in the English language (verbal and written communication)
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 22, 2018.