Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Country Director Sudan (m/f)
in Khartoum, Sudan
The position is to be filled as of September 1, 2018, with an initial contract until December 31, 2019. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Khartoum, Sudan.
As Country Director in Sudan, you are expected to create a work environment based on trustful cooperation both within the team in Sudan and with all relevant stakeholders at headquarters. Cooperation with national authorities is essential in Sudan and needs to be maintained as best level. Since the security and political situation in Darfur is stabilising it is important to strategically develop further Welthungerhilfe programme in West Sudan. Sudan is getting internationally into the focus of management of migration, which opens new funding for Welthungerhilfe if Welthungerhilfe is able to develop programm approaches in the field of refuge and migration.
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate the project concept and planned project activities with local decision-makers, partner organisations and other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the project area
- Prepare planning documents for project follow-on phases and for new projects in the country
- Ensure proper country program structures and processes that reflect decentralisation
- Identify other potential partner organisations; develop joint strategies and project ideas
- Select and recruit national experts
- Manage and instruct international and national experts
- Ensure the proper planning of financial and material resources as well as regular reporting to the Regional Directorate and the co-financiers
- Warrant the required flow of information and public transparency of the project work in the country of deployment
- A university or polytechnic degree in the fields of agricultural sciences, engineering, rural development, or a comparable level of qualifications
- At least 5 to 7 years project and management experience in carrying out co-financed projects of international (aid) agencies, preferably in the region
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Ability to work in a multinational team
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- A very good command of both written and spoken English, German and Arabic language skills would be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 25, 2018.