PROJECT MANAGER/ COMMUNICATION EXPERT
in the field of climate governance (part time) - Berlin
About this position:
For our V-LED project we are seeking a creative project manager to lead the outreach of 3 years of knowledge gathered in Vietnam, Philippines, Kenya, South Africa and Germany. You bring into our team your professional communication experience in order to advance the dialogue on climate change adaptation, promote good practice. With a 360 degree perspective you are the main driver behind the dissemination of the projects’ innovative tools for strengthening policy coordination processes and learning networks. The ideal candidate combines a strong communication background and a sound knowledge on climate governance. You should have a strong interest in working within an intercultural environment and in finding innovative ways to address different target audiences effectively.
The vacant position is a part time maternity cover until the 31st of January 2019. We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Under the supervision of the V-LED team leader, the selected team member will be responsible for three main areas of responsibility: Outreach and communication, events and other project management task as well as reporting and client liaison. The tasks include:
- Manage and produce quality outreach pieces. Write, edit, repurpose and disseminate information and research results into highly effective advocacy messages and policy briefs
- Reach out to the international climate action community (political and technical target audiences) through multiple media
- Liaise with other external partners in the international development, UNFCCC and in-country communities
- Co-design and coordinate closing lessons learned workshops in South Africa and the Philippines
- Provide regular communication to the rest of the adelphi V-LED team, adelphi and the director
- Represent V-LED and adelphi in international meetings
- Liaise with adelphi communication, finance and events teams
- Support the consolidation of annual report and semi-annual update
- Support communication and reporting to the BMU and IKI programme bureau
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the field of communication, international relations, human rights, political science
- Working knowledge of climate governance, sustainable development, urban transformation, cities and climate change
- Proven track record (portfolio) of communication work including excellent outreach, advocacy work is a plus
- Ability to constructively handle a range of stakeholders including political partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. German is highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal, multi-cultural and partnership management skills
- Innovative, tech savvy, creative in using multiple media to pass messages
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks with tight deadlines, as well as in a team of adelphi colleagues and external partners
The project background:
V-LED stands for Vertical Integration and Learning for Low-Emission Development in Africa and Asia. It harnesses the sub-national potential for low emission development in four countries. It links cities, municipalities, counties or provinces to the country’s work towards reaching the national GHG emissions reduction targets and/or NDCs. adelphi research is consortium lead of this 4 year multi-partner project working in Vietnam & Philippines with UN-HABITAT as implementing partner and in Kenya with the Institute for Environmental Law and Governance and in South Africa with Sustainable Energy Africa and One World.
- Opportunity to contribute to the German Federal Ministry of Environment climate ambitions and to the UNFCCC CoP24
- An employment contract with adelphi as well as international travel opportunities. Working remotely and/ or for a shorter time frame is also a possibility; please indicate your availability in your application
- An attractive working place located in Berlin Mitte next to the riverside, which offers a great surrounding for creative thinking and is easily reachable by public transportation
- The opportunity to join a growing think-tank and consultancy firm with a stimulating, informal, flexible, and multicultural working environment
Are you well-suited for this job? Then please submit your application documents (including cover letter, CV, references) as soon as possible through our online application system. Thank you!