For our operations in Kamerun/Garoua, we are looking for a/an
Development Worker (m/f) as advisor for rural development in a regional planning institute
MEADEN (Study Mission for the Planning and Development of the North Region) is a regional planning institute placed under the supervision of MINEPAT (Ministry for Economic Development, Planning and Territorial Development). MEADEN is a partner of the GIZ Rural Development Support Programme (PADER) and is responsible for the detailed planning and land use planning of the region. Furthermore, in the strategy for implementation of PASGIRAP (Support Programme for the Securing and integrated management of Agropastoral Resources), MEADEN was entrusted with the implementation of the first component 'Concertation' at the regional level. The main objective of the Technical Assistant’s mission is to support MEADEN in the concertation and coordination of planning and land use activities in the North region in order to optimize land use and to mitigate conflicts related to land use.
- Provide support in liaising with relevant sectoral ministries and their devolved services on the alignment and cooperation of regional planning activities and land use planning services;
- Support MEADEN in the coordination of the various regional planning and land use planning projects the institution is involved in, including PASGIRAP, PNDP, and the Regional Land Use Plan of the North Region (Schéma Régional d’Aménagement de la Région Nord);
- Cooperate closely with MEADEN’s spatial planning unit (GIS) in the collection of spatial / georeferenced information from the various partner institutions / projects;
- In cooperation with MEADEN’s GIS unit build the capacity of the partners’ in the different ministries / Institutions to analyse spatial data and promote the exchange of geographical information between regional and communal services (PADER partner councils) using GIS “QGIS “software;
- Advise councils supported by the GIZ Rural Development Support Programme (PADER) in the development of their Local Land Use Planning and Sustainable Development Plans (PLADDT) in connection with PNDP (National Participatory Development Programme);
- Capitalise on and share lessons learned as part of the scaling up of experiences;
- Assist the PADER Coordinator in Garoua in advising and providing support to MINEPAT and the planning authority MEADEN.
- University degree in geography, forestry, rural sociology, agronomy, environment or related fields;
- Experience with issues regarding the use and management of natural resources;
- Experience in the development of awareness and communication tools; Basic knowledge in spatial and land use planning;
- Fluent in French, good knowledge of English or German;
- Proficiency in the use of GIS software (ArcGIS, Spatial Analyst, QGIS) and their applications in spatial/regional planning will be of advantage.
06/01/2018 - 05/31/2020
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 05/06/2018.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=33490