HEKS/EPER is a Swiss based INGO, which supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice worldwide in more than 32 countries through development work and humanitarian assistance. In Lebanon HEKS/EPER has been providing development and humanitarian assistance to most vulnerable since 1985. HEKS/EPER is currently scaling up its country program portfolio looking at identifying long term solutions for refugees and host communities, with special focus in the areas of livelihood and employability.
HEKS/EPER is looking for an experienced and proactive Country Director who will further develop design and develop the country strategy, drive the development of new humanitarian and development projects in Lebanon and liaise with all relevant stakeholders (NGOs, clusters, donors and local authorities).
- Re-adverstised -
COUNTRY DIRECTOR LEBANON (100%)
Duty Station: Beirut Lebanon
Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
The designated Country Director will play a pivotal role setting up and leading a multifaceted country program with a diversified technical team. The programmatic work will range from cash based humanitarian interventions to longer term and more sustainable solutions. The position will demand strong acquisition skills with large donors such as USAID, ECHO, EU, MADAD and DFID.
- Leads the identification, development and monitoring of new projects
- Develops a four years country strategy including a fundraising strategy for Lebanon
- Develops an extensive network and strong relationships with key national authorities and humanitarian actors, including donors, UN agencies and INGOs representatives
- Ensures submission of appropriate, timely high quality proposals and leads required donor negotiations
- Pro-actively seek appropriate funding opportunities
- Establish and leads a qualified technical team of high performing and motivated staff
- Ensure the implementation of high quality programs
- Joining or leading the establishment of consortia
- Represents HEKS/EPER in Lebanon
- Continuous situation analysis of the context in Lebanon and in Syria
- University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years experience in the humanitarian sector and in a similar management position in an INGO.
- A proven track record of acquisition of funding with large donors such as USAID, ECHO, EU, MADAD, DFID.
- Sound knowledge of proposal writing, budget management, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent representation, networking and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in insecure settings and under pressure.
- Flexibility to travel on short notice both within and outside Lebanon.
- Ability to work both independently and with teams, excellent facilitation skills, sensitivity for gender & social equity and local culture.
- Language skills: excellent written and oral proficiency in English, Arabic is an asset
Our ideal candidate
A highly experienced professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Senior Manager in humanitarian/recovery context. Strong leadership skills and proven result related to the position’s responsibilities, including financial and people management. Knowledge of the context in Lebanon and the Middle East.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who is able to handle high pressure environments, can build trust and empower others and who has a strong networking ability and decision making.
We look forward to your application. Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter to email@example.com no later than 19th March 2018. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.
For further information to the position please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mr. Grein under +49 44 360 88 52 and visit our website http://www.heks.ch/en/