The secretariat of the Global Donor Platform is looking for an intern to support the team in Bonn from 1 April to 30 September 2018.
About the Platform
The Global Donor Platform for Rural Development (Platform) is a network of 40 bilateral and multilateral donors, international financing institutions, intergovernmental organisations and development agencies. Members share a common vision that agriculture, rural development and food security are central to poverty reduction, and a conviction that sustainable and efficient development requires a coordinated global approach.
The Annual General Assembly (AGA) of the Global Donor Platform provides an open space for debate and possible consensus building by Platform members, partners and invited guests on emerging topics in agriculture and rural development (ARD). In these events, participants can benefit from the core functions of the Donor Platform: knowledge sharing, advocacy and networking on key development issues that directly or indirectly affect the lives of poor people in the rural space. The upcoming AGA will take place in the spring of 2018 on the topic of Rural Youth empowerment.
The European Commission and the IFAD currently chair the Platform. The secretariat of the Platform serves the Platform members and is hosted by BMZ in Bonn, Germany, with staff and financial services administered by GIZ. For more information visit: http://www.donorplatform.org.
The tasks of an intern at the secretariat of the Global Donor Platform include, but are not limited to:
Support of communication activities
- Support with drafting, editing and publishing articles for the website
- Support with production of public information and awareness-raising material
- Assist the secretariat staff in the compilation of an electronic newsletter
- Support of the social media management
- Support data evaluation/collection for the process of developing a new communication strategy (communications consultancy)
- Support the development of a communication strategy for the Annual General Assembly of the Platform (AGA 2018)
- Travel and report from events when required
- Support ARD advisers with thematic work and work streams activities in the areas defined by the Platform work plan
- Assist ARD advisers in knowledge management and filing, including the regular update of a list of indicators to measure progress of the Platform’s activities
- Prepare and disseminate minutes from meetings, and input into conference reports
- Support where needed activities related to the Annual General Assembly (AGA 2018)
- Prepare and present an internship report
We offer an exciting set of tasks in a small and motivated team as well as the possibility to bring in own ideas. We expect
- First level university degree preferably on Communication but also open to Development Studies, Agriculture and Rural Development, Political science or related fields and experience or keen interest to work in the area of international development cooperation
- First practical experience in journalism is desirable
- Proven experience with website content management systems, ideally Contao; html skills and a good grip of other communications technology, is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS office tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Excellent skills of writing and reporting in English
- Good German language skills
- Commitment and enthusiasm and interpersonal and intercultural competencies
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 28.02.2018.
To apply please follow this link.