Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Logistics (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until 31 March 2019. Employment location will be Dohuk, Iraq (KRI).
Initially, Welthungerhilfe distributed food parcels and provided winterisation assistance in Dohuk governorate and Erbil. Having moved on to a more comprehensive approach, we currently focus on providing humanitarian and rehabilitation assistance for displaced people, returnees and host communities in Ninewa governorate including accessible areas around Mosul. The objective of the position is to facilitate smooth logistic workflows and efficiency in the country office and the overall structure of the programme activities in the whole country. Additional support for the projects in the country will be assigned.
Your responsibilties can be summed up in ensuring the smooth operation of all logistic activities in the country office (CO) and as logistic supervisor for the projects in the country. This includes:
- Supervision and support of the logistic staff in CO and in the projects
- Supervision and control of the procurement plans for all projects and the CO
- Supervision and coordination of tender processes
- Coordination with projects and provide advice when needed
- Coordination with the Procurement Unit at Head Office
- Ensuring of the administration of the whole procurement documentation
- A relevant university / polytechnic degree, ideally in the field of logistics, or trainingA minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in a similar position, 5 of which in an emergency context
- Excellent management skills, especially when under considerable working pressure
- Ability to work in a multicultural team
- Excellent cooperation and teamworking skills
- A very good command of written and spoken English; German languare skills are an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 28, 2018.