We are calling for a
Visual Communications Designer
IFOAM - Organics International occupies an unchallenged position as the international umbrella organization of the organic world, i.e. all stakeholders contributing to the organic vision, which allows it to unite, lead and assist the organic movement in its full diversity, while creating a common voice on relevant organic issues. It implements the will of its broad-based constituency with close to 800 affiliates in 117 countries and is governed by a world board originating from all the continents.
To support our communications team we are now looking for a Visual Communications Designer. As a Visual Communications Designer you will be part of a team of five, at the Head Office of IFOAM – Organics International in Bonn, Germany, and report to the Communications Manager.
Responsibilities of the Visual Communications Designer include:
- Development of visual elements for campaigns and web use (e.g. social media, info graphics, etc.);
- Brochures and other marketing collateral;
- Development of templates and standard stationary, according to our corporate identity;
- Development of a corporate identity manual;
- Logo development, e.g. for our Self-organized Structures, events branding, etc.;
- Graphic website enhancements;
- Organization of our image library;
- Serving as the interface between the printer and the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Communications Design, Marketing Communication, Industrial Design or similar). Relevant work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience is desirable;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Command of a second language desirable, preferably German;
- Excellent command of graphic design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Knowledge of tools for digital publishing;
- Experience with textile printing and the development of materials of large dimensions (e.g. outdoors) would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of web design valued (e.g. CSS, HTML);
- Basic understanding of CMS appreciated (e.g. Drupal);
- Basic understanding of marketing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. creation of templates in Word and PowerPoint).
You have …
- Good cross-cultural communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- A flexible and dynamic working attitude;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Creative with the ability to transform complex narratives into easily understood visual output (e.g. info graphics);
- A keen eye for detail (both textual and graphic accuracy) and esthetics;
- The ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines.
A portfolio with examples of executed work would be valued.
We offer a full-time (40 hours a week) position in a dynamic and multicultural team of a well established, but growing, international organization. A two-year contract is foreseen for this position with an annual salary of 24 - 33.000 € (brut), depending on relevant experience.
How to Apply
Applications should include a letter of motivation, work certificates and your CV, and indicating the names and contact details of two professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Related Documents/ Information