The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is part of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest independent humanitarian organization. The movement has three parts: the National Societies, the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The SRC supports the Malawi Red Cross Society with a secondment and therefore is looking for of an
Organisational Development Specialist
to be based in Lilongwe, Malawi. The purpose of the assignment is to provide technical expertise to MRCS to improve financial management and assist in compiling a managerial turnaround plan.
- Advise the Secretary General (SG) in the operationalization to improve organisational management including risk analysis and support in implementation
- Accompany the management and the staff in the change process (new policies, procedures, etc.)
- Initiate immediate new starting points to improve financial management and develop a 2-3 year turnaround plan in cooperation with the technical group
- Create and implement programs at work that connect employees with business goals
- Consult with management and other leadership to identify business processes
- Identify and evaluate business initiatives to ascertain appropriate programs that meet company goals
- Develop methods for data file formatting, data analysis methodologies, and management reporting
- Create effective strategic planning methods and identify data collection tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources Management, business economist, or another closely related field
- 5-8 years related experience in organizational development and indispensable previous experience working independently or with minimal supervision
- International experience obtained via a foreign assignment (Africa) preferred and working experience with Red Cross Movement is an advantage
- Attentive to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to gain the trust and credibility of senior management
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English
- Diplomacy, team spirit, strong negotiation skills, sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to adapt to the context.
What we offer
8-months minimum with the option of extension, starting as soon as possible or per agreement. Adequate salary, social insurances, travel and contribution to accommodation expenses provided.