Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Country Director in Haiti (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Port-au-Prince in Haiti.
As Country Director you are responsible for managing the Welthungerhilfe Office in Port au Prince and for implementing the programmes and projects in Haiti in accordance with Welthungerhilfe's applicable concept paper and country concept.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the country programme
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate the country programme with local decision-makers and with other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the country
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-a-vis international and national stakeholders
- Acquisition of donor funds on location, and international coordination with the head office
- Responsibility for expatriate and national project staff, and in particular responsibility for compliance with local security regulations
- Maintenance and expansion of cooperation with national and international partners
- Secure the conceptual further development of Welthungerhilfe's commitment in Haiti
- Regular exchange of information with the head office in Bonn and other Regional Offices
- A university degree, for example in International Development Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid, Management, Sociology, Geography or Agricultural Sciences
- At least 5 years of project management experience and relevant management experience in international humanitarian aid and development co-operation, preferably in the region as well as very good analytical capabilities to judge the humanitarian and health situation
- Experience in security/crisis management
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Relevant knowledge of German, European and UN donor environment
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Proven ability to engage in active and sensitive communication with employees and contacts in a very diverse environment
- A very good command of French and English, both spoken and written, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 31, 2017.