GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds.
Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In the area of Financial Systems Development we focus on consultancy services related to banking, small business lending, agricultural & rural finance and sustainable energy finance. For more information on GFA please refer to our website www.gfa-group.de.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f) to join our FSD department, who will contribute towards achieving the company’s objectives.
The consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the area of Financial Systems Development with a particular focus on the field of sustainable energy finance, including not only renewable energy and energy efficiency, but also resource efficiency.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing countries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Business development and project acquisition, including opportunity identification, fact-finding and the coordination and preparation of technical and financial proposals
- Technical backstopping and project management, including financial and technical administration, monitoring of activity planning and implementation, relationship management with project teams, local stakeholders and donors, and backstopping visits abroad
- Management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions in the project countries, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partners and individual experts
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (economics, business administration, or related fields)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to sustainable energy finance, small business / agricultural finance, or banking
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German are a prerequisite
- Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Russian is highly appreciated
- Familiarity with the German (KfW, GIZ) and European development sector (such as EBRD, EIB and AFD) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Intercultural competence
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) only by email to:
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel: (49) 40 603 06 - 127