GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes ten strategic business areas. In the Public Finance Management Department (PFM Department) we focus on consultancy services related to Public Finance Management, Public Procurement, Audit, Accounting Services, Grant & Fund Management and Monitoring & Evaluation.
For our PFM Department in our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and optimistic colleague (m/f) who will support our on-going projects as well as actively assist in the acquisition of new contracts.
The Consultant will be responsible for the product development in and the delivery of services in the area of fund management for major donors, funding agencies and governments world-wide. The consultant’s range of duties includes on the one hand strategic business development, acquisition and project management and on the other hand technical input to assure efficient and effective project implementation.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with travel to developing countries, particularly to Africa.
General key responsibilities include:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies comprising professional services for financial management, including internal controls, accounting, cash disbursements, financial reporting and account reconciliation
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars
Specific key responsibilities include:
- Supervision and oversight of Fiscal Agent projects in the area of fund management
- Quality assurance related to reports (including financial reports) & any other deliverable/output
- Technical input in the following areas:
- Financial management including accounting, reporting, budgeting and controlling as per international standards
- Internal control and Compliance
- Internal financial audits of fund management projects
- Finance Capacity development in the area of accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and internal control
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in economics/business administration, finance or related areas
- Professional financial management/accountancy qualification or specialized training like ACCA or CPA or IA would be an asset
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the area of administrative and financial management of public funds/grants (preferably related to the context of development cooperation/humanitarian aid), and/or in working as a financial management professional responsible for accounting, auditing (internal or external), controlling, budgeting, financial management and/or reporting
- Experience in Internal Control/Internal Audit and/or experience setting up financial management operations or an Internal Control System would be an advantage
- Previous working experience with international donors or development agencies like EU, GIZ, KfW, World Bank, The Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria and/or MCC would be an advantage
- Proven record in capacity building in financial management would be an asset
- High social competence, ability to motivate and lead other team members
- Proficiency in written and spoken German, English and French, knowledge of further languages would be an advantage
- International working experience, particularly in Africa, would be an asset
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) only by email to:
Ms Andrea Leber
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 - 127