The Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy GmbH – BiRD - is an independent and privately owned consulting company providing first-class consulting and project management services. BiRD’s primary fields of activity cover key aspects of democratic governance and institutional strengthening – like rule of law, justice sector reform, electoral assistance, human rights, support to state and non-state actors – in developing and transition countries. BiRD was founded in 1998 as a limited liability company, conducting its business from its base in Munich.
For our head office in Munich, we are looking for an intern for the time period of at least 4 - 6 months. We can only hire students that are obliged to do a mandatory internship as part of their studies.
Being part of our small team will give you the opportunity to be involved in various areas of an internationally operating consulting company. This position requires self-responsibility, team spirit and interest in development cooperation.
You can expect a positive and relaxed working atmosphere in our office in Haidhausen, Munich.
Type of position: fulltime (working hours flexible)
Duration: 4-6 months (minimum)
Beginning: as soon as possible
Salary: 450 EUR (per month, both gross and net)
- University enrollment, mandatory internship (ideally in social sciences, economics or law)
- Some knowledge of and interest in development cooperation and international democracy assistance
- Very good communication skills in English (written and orally); French skills are a plus but not must
- Computer literacy / experience in working with databases
- Support the preparation of project bids in the field of governance, mostly for the EU (EuropeAid)
- Assisting in the recruitment of experts (search, communication, negotiation, networking) for short-and longterm projects
- Assisting in the management of short-and longterm projects, mostly fort he EU-FWC Lot7 (Culture, Governance and Home Affairs) and other framework contracts, for project evaluations and ongoing projects
- Corresponding with consultants and partner companies
- Database management and assisting with general administrative tasks
- Other tasks relevant for our daily business, e.g. research, proof-reading, quality check of reports etc.
We look forward to your emails.