Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Finance Officer (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract durationof one year. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Monrovia, Liberia (LR). Taking the security situation into account, travel for work will be required.
As Finance Officer (m/f), you are responsible for the financial-administrative implementation of our projects in Ort Liberia in accordance with the framework specified as regards content, time schedules and finance.The objective is to implement existing financial management standards in the programmes and projects efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
- carrying out financial administrative controls at project level
- ensuring that projects financial administrative processes at project location are auditable and efficient
- monitoring and ensuring orderly financial and material planning (bank transactions, accounting, budget control, equipment) and internal project settlement
- supporting the Head of Project with the preparation of project/co-financing budgets with regard to formal correctness
- preparation of final financial reports and financial statements pursuant to the contractual specifications of the third-party donors of funds
- providing instructions and advisory services to national administration staff
- Instructing and supporting project partner organizations in matters relating to financial management
- A university or polytechnic degree or completed commercial training, together with additional specialist knowledge, for example in the fields of accounting and controlling
- Several years of project-related professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organisations – preferably in the region
- Excellent communication and inter-cultural skills
- Coordination and organisational skills, even under high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience
- An excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written)
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 27, 2017. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.