- General Presentation:
Médecins Sans Frontières – Ärzte ohne Grenzen e.V. (MSF-Germany) is the German section of the international medical aid organisation Médecins Sans Frontières which specialises on medical humanitarian aid in crisis situations worldwide. MSF-Germany focuses on supporting MSF’s global operations. It does this through recruitment of personnel, raising awareness about humanitarian issues and fundraising. MSF-Germany is one of 21 MSF sections worldwide and is part of the Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA). In the German office, we currently employ about 150 staff members in six departments.
The HR Unit for Office Staff consists of one Coordinator, three HR Officers and one HR Assistant. This position becomes temporarily vacant.
- Terms of Reference
Position: Human Resource Officer /Personalreferent/in
Job location: Ärzte ohne Grenzen e.V., Berlin
Job dimension: 100% (40 hours per week)
Starting of Job:20. November 2017
Duration: Unpaid Leave Replacement until 15. June 2018
Salary: Internal tariff: Starting salary between € 2.915 and 3.687 depending on previous relevant work experience; 13 salaries per year; 30 days of vacation p.a.
Deadline: applications can be handed in until 25th of September 2017
Place within the organisation
The HR Officer is part of the HR Admin Unit which provides administrational and strategic HR support for Headquarter office staff and seconded field staff members. The HR Officer reports hierarchically to the Coordinator HR Administration and is accountable to her.
Overall objective of the position
To support the operative HR Management of Headquarter staff in Germany through recruitment, administration and policy development.
The HR Officer is responsible for a pool of office staff members. Together with a second officer all HR tasks for office staff members (excluding students and interns) are shared. They replace each other during periods of absence. The HR Department works with a tailor made HR Database, the implementation of SAP is planned for 2018. The salary administration is partially outsourced, but thorough preparation and monitoring is done in the office. Due to continuous growth of the office recruitment there is a strong focus on recruitment of new staff members. The working languages are German and English.
- Ensure timely onboarding of new staff members: salary classification scaling, settlement of all contractual matters
- Prepare monthly payroll
- Ensure correct exit procedure of staff members including written references etc.
- Actively support the adaptation of internal policies according to labour law
- Consult line managers on labour law issues, seek advice from lawyer where necessary
- Tracking of contract changes and extensions in consultation with line managers
- Coordinate inhouse trainings as well as provide individual training advice
- Ensure correct Data input in electronic HR database (Perda) and ensure filing
- Ensure regular reporting of staff evaluation lists, sick leave statistics etc.
- Participate in departmental reporting and planning
- Function as contact partner for the works council
- Supervision and training of HR backoffice intern in all HR related issues
- Support to salary administration for field staff:
- University Degree with focus on HR or additional Human Resources Training
- Minimum five years experience in Human Resources as a HR generalist
- Sound knowledge of German labour law
- Sound knowledge of and experience in salary administration
- Very experienced in the planning and organisation of recruitment processes
- Fluent written and spoken German and English, experience with English on the job
- Proven computer skills incl. Excel and experience with HR database incl. generation of database reports
- Very service oriented, independent and highly organised work style
- Very good communication skills, “people person” and problem solving attitude
- Previous work experience in (international) NGO an asset
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
We offer a very interesting generalist HR position with a wide range of tasks in a dynamic environment that allows you to contribute actively to the HR HQ Management of a humanitarian organisation.
In case of further questions, please contact the HR Coordinator Christine Roloff,
Please note that we do not cover travel expenses for a first selection interview in Berlin.
Please submit your complete written application in English (incl. letter of motivation, CV and certificates) by E-Mail and integrate all documents in 1 file (PDF file with max. 5 MB).
Deadline for applications is 25.09.2017
Ärzte ohne Grenzen e.V.
- Hd. Christine Roloff
Am Köllnischen Park 1, 10179 Berlin