Roving SunSystems Implementation Coordinator
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
Roving between different Mission Countries of Johanniter International Assistance, at the beginning intensive training in Berlin
As part of the Software Project Team helping with the implementation of SunSystems in Johanniter International Assistance mission countries, including the training of Johanniter Staff and Partner Staff.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Overall job purpose
As part of the Software Project Team helping with the implementation of SunSystems in Johanniter International Assistance mission countries, including the training of Johanniter staff and partner staff.
Head of Desk Project Finance HQ (first level supervisor)
Director International Assistance HQ (next level supervisor)
Receives technical advice from:
Key User SunSystems, Finance Controllers (HQ)
Gives technical advice to:
Mission Country Finance Coordinators
Standing in for:
- Responsible for training of Johanniter country finance and partner staff in using SunSystems
- In cooperation with Head of Desk Project Finance and Key User SunSystems: manage data migration at mission country level.
- Responsible for input and reconciliation of historical data as part of the migration process.
- Responsible for testing SunSystems’ monthly closing procedure at country level
- Responsible for mapping and inputting existing and upcoming projects into the new budget structures of SunSystems
- Responsible for mapping and inputting existing and upcoming partner budgets into the new budget structures of SunSystems
- Responsible for adapting and roll out of new financial partner reporting templates
- In cooperation with Head of Desk Project Finance and Key User SunSystems: Revision of Johanniter financial forms and introduction of new global forms in alignment with new software
- In cooperation with Regional Head of Finance and Financial Controllers: Revision of global finance manual
- Roll out of project planning tool
Professional Qualification and Experience:
Preferable a recognized accountancy qualification or master’s degree in Business/ Finance / Accountancy
- Qualified accountant in recognised global body e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or master’s degree in Business/ Finance / Accountancy
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Minimum of 5 years accountancy experience, with at least one year in a managerial position
- Experience of conforming with external donor and statutory compliance
- Experience with SunSystems
- Experience in financial software migration
- Ability to manage complex work streams in multiple and remote locations
- Experience of implementing new bookkeeping software
- Understanding of humanitarian programming
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial managers.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and needs.
- Disposition of a team player
- German language skills
- French language skills
Terms and Conditions
Definite contract until 30/06/2018 (with possible extension)
Between 3.255 € and 3.426 € gross salary monthly, 13th salary prorated (according to Johanniter AVR-J internal tariff and depending on relevant previous working experience).
- Social security provisions (lump sum 375 € per month) (for expats not falling under social security)
- International insurance package
- 29 days annual paid leave
- Per diems (for international postings) for days in project country
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
Contact and application process
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.