Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Emergency "Food & Nutrition Security" Expert (m/f)
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible opportunity and has an initial contract term of 24 months. The contract is based on a negotiable 50% to 75% basis and entails 112 to 168 assignment days per year accordingly. As an Expert Food & Nutrition Security (FNS) with the Humanitarian Directorate, you are home-based but commit to worldwide deployment within 48 hours to respond to an acute disaster/crisis situation or unforeseen assignment. During the deployment per diems and expenses are paid.
The position is part of the Humanitarian Directorate which is responsible for the strategy, the planning and implementation of humanitarian aid projects in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and donor regulations. As a member of the emergency response team, you will be responsible for bringing immediate relief to people affected by conflict and/or economic crisis and supporting the progression of their recovery process. You will also support the on-going strengthening of our regional and country offices and our partners by providing technical advice on emergency food and nutrition security preparedness and response so that there is improved resilience in both slow and rapid onset contexts.
- Translate into action Welthungerhilfe’s humanitarian strategy and commitments
- Support the regional directorates and country offices to deliver humanitarian relief
- Support country teams and partners to develop their capacity for preparedness and response
- Represent the organisation at humanitarian coordination, networks and other relevant fora
- Contribute to learning and knowledge management by sharing of good humanitarian practice both internally and externally
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant subject
- At least, three (3) years of professional experience in the design and implementation of Emergency Food & Nutrition Security and/or livelihood projects
- Working familiarity with International humanitarian law, principles and tools/guidelines for humanitarian actions
- Coordination and people-centered management skills, ability to work to tight deadlines under difficult conditions with multi-cultural teams
- Professional level of written and spoken English is a requirement, French is a plus
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 31, 2017.