Key Expert 4 – Senior Communication and Process Management Expert – No.0705
Date of issue: 04-08-2017
Duty station: Cairo
Duty region: Egypt
Duration: 30 months project duration / 250 WDs
Status: Proposal Stage
Closing date: 15-09-2017
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients' staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
The objective of the project is to support the ongoing reform process of the Water Sector through assisting Egypt to achieve its National Water Resources Plan 2017-2037 targets, and the overall sustainable development plan 2030 (SDP 2030). While developing local participatory approaches and income generating activities at local level the specific objective is to improve the management and the use of water resources by improving operational efficiencies of concerned stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Strengthening the institutional sustainability of the MWRI through the development of Water Accounting Unit (WAU) and through capacity strengthening of modelling expertise.
- Reinforcing the institutional framework of the Water sector especially dealing with the role and functioning of MWRI which implies strengthening the institutional and regulatory environment, improving the financial capacity of institutions to accompany investments and defining and contributing to the separation of the role of MWRI as planning entity and service provider.
- Contributing to the dissemination of the Governorate Water Resources plans mainly via enhancing technical capacities at central/local level; while identifying the role of the MWRI in relation to supervise/oversee the implementation at central level and the required revised institutional framework.
- Reinforcing awareness of the positive impacts and benefits of Water efficiency and also the reuse of treated wastewater/drainage resources.
- Establishing and implementing a Capacity Development Program aiming at building capacities in MWRI at the middle management level in Project Management and in operating and maintaining self-sustainable water management system in Egypt.
- Preparing and implementing an integrated financial diagnosis for the assessment and reform of the MWRI and defining a road-map to improve its financial performance.
- Improve the technical capacities in fields of financial planning, physical planning and following up the investments.
Qualification and Skills Requirements:
- University degree in Institutional planning, communication or a related and relevant field, preferably at Master's level.
- Proven experience in reporting and proven ability in working with governmental and public sector entities through at least one programme funded by the EU or an international organization.
- He/she shall be proficient in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an additional
- at least 10 years of experience in working in Communication and/or Process Management in affiliated fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing of communication and marketing campaigns; experience in the water sector is an asset.
- Experience with at least one programme funded by the EU or an international organization.
- Experience in an advisory role to senior public officials is an asset.
- Solid experience in capacity building and evaluation techniques, applications and dissemination is an asset.
- A proven experience at least two projects in the last 10 years (2007 onwards) in preparing awareness campaigns and implementing capacity building, including theory of change and contribution analysis.
- Proven Working Experience of at least 3 years in planning and implementing marketing campaigns in different Media for public sector institutions.
- Experience in at least one programme funded by the EU or an international organization in the last 10 years (2007 onwards) involving support to governments in reforming the water or other relevant sector will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the regional context, previous experience in North Africa and in particular in Egypt will be an asset.
- Proven working experience in communication and marketing activities and campaigns for donor-funded projects is an asset.
Please indicate the job reference “Key Expert 4 – Senior Communication and Process Management Expert – No.0705” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.