Key Expert 3 - Senior Institutional / Legal Analyst Expert
Date of issue: 04-08-2017
Duty station: Cairo
Duty region: Egypt
Duration: 30 months
Status: Proposal Stage
Closing date: 15-09-2017
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients' staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
The objective of the project is to support the ongoing reform process of the Water Sector through assisting Egypt to achieve its National Water Resources Plan 2017-2037 targets, and the overall sustainable development plan 2030 (SDP 2030). While developing local participatory approaches and income generating activities at local level the specific objective is to improve the management and the use of water resources by improving operational efficiencies of concerned stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Strengthening the institutional sustainability of the MWRI through the development of Water Accounting Unit (WAU) and through capacity strengthening of modelling expertise.
- Reinforcing the institutional framework of the Water sector especially dealing with the role and functioning of MWRI which implies strengthening the institutional and regulatory environment, improving the financial capacity of institutions to accompany investments and defining and contributing to the separation of the role of MWRI as planning entity and service provider.
- Contributing to the dissemination of the Governorate Water Resources plans mainly via enhancing technical capacities at central/local level; while identifying the role of the MWRI in relation to supervise/oversee the implementation at central level and the required revised institutional framework.
- Reinforcing awareness of the positive impacts and benefits of Water efficiency and also the reuse of treated wastewater/drainage resources.
- Establishing and implementing a Capacity Development Program aiming at building capacities in MWRI at the middle management level in Project Management and in operating and maintaining self-sustainable water management system in Egypt.
- Preparing and implementing an integrated financial diagnosis for the assessment and reform of the MWRI and defining a road-map to improve its financial performance.
- Improve the technical capacities in fields of financial planning, physical planning and following up the investments.
Qualification and Skills Requirements:
- He shall have a Master's Degree in Economics, Public Finance, or Business administration or related field and in absence of a Master's Degree additional 3 years of general experience with a Bachelor's Degree in the same field
- An advanced professional qualification related to Finance would be an asset.
- Proven experience in reporting and proven ability in working with governmental and public sector entities through at least one programme funded by the EU or an international organization.
- He/she shall be proficient in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an additional
- at least 10 years of experience in working as an economist in investment projects; of which at least 3 years shall be experience in projects in the environmental sector in assessing and environmentally appraising water and/or sanitation and/or waste related projects.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an international context in institutional development and reform related to Water Sector.
- Experience in water resources planning in Egypt and North Africa region in at least one project in the last 10 years (2007 onwards) would be an asset.
- At least 5 years' experience working with/in a Water Management Agency / institute /organisation implementing cost sharing and cost recovery mechanisms.
- He shall have proven working experience in preparing feasibility studies determining NPV of investment costs and setting tariffs in the water / irrigation sector for at least one Programme funded by EU or another European Financing Institution in the last 10 years (2007 onwards).
- Proven working experience in PPP financial modelling is an asset.
- Experience linked to infrastructure financing, economic development strategies, including as relevant to transition countries is an asset.
Please indicate the job reference “Application for: Key Expert 3 - Senior Institutional / Legal Analyst Expert-No.0700” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.