Key Expert 2- Senior Water Management Expert - No.0695
Date of issue: 04-08-2017
Duty station: Cairo
Duty region: Egypt
Duration: 30 months
Status: Proposal Stage
Closing date: 15-09-2017
CES Consulting Engineers Salzgitter GmbH is an independent consulting engineering company with worldwide experience based in Braunschweig, Germany. CES offers solutions to complex multidisciplinary engineering tasks for all civil engineering and related sectors. CES renders services ranging from preliminary investigations to construction supervision and cost controlling, training of the clients' staff, advisory services in the operation and maintenance of installations, as well as the organization and strengthening of public authorities and institutions. CES works mainly in the field of development cooperation and implements infrastructure projects for national high-end clients (ministries and line authorities) funded by international donors.
The objective of the project is to support the ongoing reform process of the Water Sector through assisting Egypt to achieve its National Water Resources Plan 2017-2037 targets, and the overall sustainable development plan 2030 (SDP 2030). While developing local participatory approaches and income generating activities at local level the specific objective is to improve the management and the use of water resources by improving operational efficiencies of concerned stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Strengthening the institutional sustainability of the MWRI through the development of Water Accounting Unit (WAU) and through capacity strengthening of modelling expertise.
- Reinforcing the institutional framework of the Water sector especially dealing with the role and functioning of MWRI which implies strengthening the institutional and regulatory environment, improving the financial capacity of institutions to accompany investments and defining and contributing to the separation of the role of MWRI as planning entity and service provider.
- Contributing to the dissemination of the Governorate Water Resources plans mainly via enhancing technical capacities at central/local level; while identifying the role of the MWRI in relation to supervise/oversee the implementation at central level and the required revised institutional framework;
- Reinforcing awareness of the positive impacts and benefits of Water efficiency and also the reuse of treated wastewater/drainage resources.
- Establishing and implementing a Capacity Development Program aiming at building capacities in MWRI at the middle management level in Project Management and in operating and maintaining self-sustainable water management system in Egypt.
- Preparing and implementing an integrated financial diagnosis for the assessment and reform of the MWRI and defining a road-map to improve its financial performance.
- Improve the technical capacities in fields of financial planning, physical planning and following up the investments.
Qualification and Skills Requirements:
- University degree in Water Resources, Water Engineering or related fields to Water Management, preferably at Master's level.
- Additional advanced professional qualification is an asset.
- He/she shall be proficient in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an additional advantage.
- Experience to work and dialogue with Government executive officers through at least one programme funded by the EU or an international organization.
- At least 10 years of experience in water resources planning or affiliated field.
- Experience in water resources planning in Egypt and North Africa region in at least one project in the last 10 years (2007 onwards) would be an asset.
- Minimum 10 years works experience (or PhD degree with 5 years of experience); with water resources assessment hydro-meteorological data acquisition and processing, water resources survey, inventory and modelling).
- Demonstrated expertise in at least two (2) projects in the last 10 years (2007 onwards).
- designing/implementing IWRM development strategies or water governance, or water financing, preferably in ENPI / MENA region.
- Working Experience related to EU policies, EU Water directives and standards regarding water management and water quality are an asset.
Please indicate the job reference
Application for: Key Expert 2-Senior Water Management Expert- No.0695
in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.