GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds.
In our area Financial Systems Development Department we focus on consultancy services related to small business lending, agricultural & rural finance, financing of renewable energy & energy efficiency projects as well as banking. Our expertise is sought after worldwide. For more information on GFA please refer to our website www.gfa-group.de.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f) to join our FSD department.
The Consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the area of Financial Systems Development with a particular focus on agricultural finance.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with occasional travel to developing countries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Business development and project acquisition, including opportunity identification, fact-finding and the coordination and preparation of technical and financial proposals
- Technical backstopping and project management, including financial and technical administration, monitoring of activity planning and implementation, relationship management with project teams, local stakeholders and donors, and backstopping visits abroad
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions in the project countries, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partners and individual experts
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area (agricultural economics, business administration, economics, or related fields)
- At least 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in the context of development cooperation, preferably related to agricultural finance, agribusiness and value chain finance for banks and/or microfinance institutions
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of German
- Proficiency in French, Spanish and/or Russian is highly appreciated
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Intercultural competence
"High potential” junior candidates who do not yet possess the required years of working experience are also invited to send their application.
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
It is envisaged that the initial contract duration of 2 years leads to a permanent employment. Starting date is September 2017 or later.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) only via email by 08.08.2017 to
GFA Consulting Group GmbH