The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking for a Project Manager with a focus on logistics in order to support the sister national society Lebanese Red Cross (LRC) in its Emergency Medical Services (EMS) department in Lebanon. The Delegate will be based in Beirut. The position holder will be requested to conduct field visits.
Duration: 01.09.2017-31.08.2018 (with possible extension)
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the strengthening of stock control and supply chain management processes within the EMS based on the findings and the procedures established
- Contribute to the development and subsequent implementation of a supply chain strategy for the LRC, based on ongoing processes in EMS
- Support efficient, effective and appropriate fleet management activities of the EMS at all levels looking for institutional coherence by following up on the development of general institutional policies in this field
- Support the implementation of approved SOPs
- Support the day-to-day administrative operation of the Supply Chain and Logistics team
- Previous experience of working for the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement
- Solid experience in supply chain management processes in the EMS sector
- Solid experience in fleet management, administrative processes and SOPs
- Solid experience in procurement procedures
- Excellent communication skills, resolution skills and intercultural sensitivity, including managing expectations of different stakeholders in a balanced and diplomatic manner
- Experience in working closely with a National Society
- Willingness to work in a complex and dynamic environment
- Abilities in decision making and problem solving- to foresee various options and objectively assess viability to these options
- Experience in working with different donors (German Ministries, ECHO etc.)
- Self-supporting in computers (MS-Windows, spreadsheet- and word-processing)
- Advanced knowledge of English (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to work effectively in multi cultural environments
- Awareness and acceptance of the risks associated with this mission
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is covering a home flight withing a 12-month period of assignment and medical check-ups as well as a Psychosocial Support Service before and after your mission. Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings prior, during and after your mission.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HRnet until 04.08.2017.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2017-125 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage.