Project Manager for Capacity Development (m/f)
in Beirut, Lebanon
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1 September 2017 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a Project Manager of the programme area Capacity Development (CD), you will work within a team of three colleagues, tasked with developing, coordinating, planning and implementing training workshops and material related to conflict transformation, Dealing with the Past, Community Mobilising, and other related soft skills with and for our partner organisations. Some of these trainings will be part of capacity building and conflict sensitivity projects conceived and implemented by this team, others will be organised in support of projects led by other programme areas. Your tasks include results-oriented planning and implementation of the trainings, the development of training curricula, tasking external trainers and designing follow-up activities.
Other tasks within the CD programme area and the forumZFD Lebanon programme:
- Contribute to the programme development, its strategy and team building efforts of the forumZFD Lebanon programme;
- Responsible for the strategic development of the programme area, projects, structures and networks to ensure the sustainability within the forumZFD Lebanon programme;
- Responsible in cooperation with the CD team for the development of the project concepts, mentoring/follow-up activities with and without our local partners;
- Occasional partner visits to the project locations for supporting the application of the newly acquired skills and concepts;
- Ensure the work flow and decision making processes within the CD team;
- Responsible for the preparation of narrative project progress reports and administrative/financial aspects of project implementation and reporting;
- Responsible for the flow of information within the project team as well as between project teams;
- Other tasks as agreed with the Programme Manager.
- Advanced university degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in trainings and the development of training curricula, ideally within the civil society sector;
- Several years’ experience in development cooperation, peacebuilding and/or conflict transformation including experience working with tools and concepts such as Reflecting on Peace Practice (RPP);
- Experience in advising civil society and/or public institutions;
- Open to using systemic approaches and applying a non-directive and participatory approach;
- Distinct ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to develop projects;
- Experience in project planning, administration and financial controlling and advising others on these issues;
- Strong intercultural sensitivity and ability to work in a team, and under time pressure;
- Good written and spoken command of English and preferably Arabic;
- Competent in the use of IT applications;
- Driving licence and driving experience;
- European citizenship.
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (Forum Civil Peace Service, forumZFD)
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.
forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.
forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU and Switzerland. The position is renumerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course.
As a project manager working for forumZFD, you will work within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de
Our work in Lebanon is documented at lebanon.forumZFD.org or at www.forumZFD.de/en/Lebanon
This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs